Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Don and Bonnie

I sure hope Keystone has done their homework on these stackables. I feel the same way about their reliability. I questioned the use of Whirlpool since most everyone on the MOC speaks highly of the Splendide models. Do you know what model #'s the Big Sky is coming with and do you know if the washer a front load or a top load. Karen

kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I thought I heard you could order a Monte with a washer and dryer already installed.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Steve, I have dealer price lists for both Montana's and Big Sky's. On both models anything to do with a washer/dryer is an option. On the Montana, Keystone will do a w/d prep only. There is no factory installation. On the Big Sky, Keystone will install a w/d, either as a combo (Splendide) or stackable (Whirlpool). The Big Sky brochure shows a picture of the stackables. Although I cannot read the brand, they are front loaders and, from the looks of things, top loaders would be impossible.

If you have 50,000 miles on your Whirlpools, that tells me I have nothing to be concerned about.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Don. I learned something today. We've been very happy with the Whirlpools but I think we'd be just as happy with Kenmore and maybe some other brands. For a short time we had another brand's rv specific stack in this new Montana. It wasn't long before, in order to sustain marital harmony, I paid $100 to have them swapped to our old Montana and our Whirlpools brought to this rig. And I ate the $600 difference we paid to get the new stack, too. I had thought we might as well start in a new rig with brand new appliances. Expensive mistake on my part. Vicki is very happy to have her Whirlpools back.

I have no experience with Splendide but from all accounts they're a good brand.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Steve, I can't speak for today, but 30 years ago Whirlpool built the Kenmore washers and dryers, as well as their own brand, at their plant in Clyde, Ohio, right across the street from Town & Country RV where Richfaa and dsprik bought their Montys. The absolute only difference between the Whirlpool and Kenmore w/d's was the name tag on the unit. They all came down the same assembly line and components came out of the same parts bins. Usually they would put the Whirlpool name on about ten units, then Kenmore for the next ten, alternating regularly. At the time I was a supervisor for the railroad that served that plant and many times I would walk with my train crews down past the assembly line to go to the lunch room.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I know they are contracted out and that contract sometimes changes every so often. We used to be able to tell who was making the Kenmore by comparing the cabinet style, knob placement, etc. I'm not sure if that's still true. We've had both whirlpool and Kenmore appliances, along with Maytag and some others, in our stationary home and were pretty satisfied with most of them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #27
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Kenmore seems to capture all brands lately. I tried to get the Whirlpool made Kenmore fridge for the garage, but because of the size, it ended up being a GE made Kenmore. I almost sent it back, as I am not a GE appliance fan. At least now Sears has started to retain some of the original manufacturer names instead of stamping Kenmore on everything.

They also used to stamp "Allstate" on everyting - including a Kaiser-Willy's automobile as well as a Cushman Super Eagle scooter.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
You can 'order' a Montana with the W/D option...only difference between that option and some of the others, is that the dealer will put in the W/D, where most options come from the factory.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote