Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Shower in the Montana

Most of the time we shower in the 5er. I am having trouble regulating the water temp. Never seen anything so touchy !!! I spend most of my time trying to stay away from FREEZING or SCALDING water

Any upgrades or suggestions.

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Ours stays constant unless we momentarily turn off the water to soap down. When we turn it on again, the water is freezing cold for a short time (have to put your hand over the shower head until the water returns to warm). It sure isn't enough time for the hot water in the line to cool off.
Never understood why that happens and would be very happy to hear of a solution.

EDIT - I should add that the accumulator has helped in regard to someone turning on another faucet while the shower is in use. At least the pressure stays constant.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
I open the hot water valve completely, then the cold water valve just enough to get the temp right, and turn it off and on with the shower head valve. This worked better for me than partially opening both valves, still get a shot of cool now and then, but nothing like before.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I do like Lonnie does. Never get a real bad shot of cold and if I get some cool, it warms up readily. Speaking of showers, I'm amazed at the numbers of people who bed down in a CG for an extended period and NEVER use their shower. Day after day you see them going to the CG shower house. Man, for the money I paid for this rig I use every part of it, including the shower. After all, what's it for? Not for permanent storage of items, I'm sure.

Hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes. It isn't meant that way.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:37 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I'm with you, Orv. We make use of our own shower and other bathroom facilities. Fortunately, we do not seem to have trouble with regulating the water temperature. We have a fine shower in the 2955RL.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:12 AM   #6
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
We get the "cold water blast" from the shut off on the shower head when we use our on board water pump. It doesn't happen when I'm hooked up via city water. Go figure.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
An RV shower is a tricky thing to use but I agree with Lonnie's method, that also works for us.
The Kids could never get it right and we had a lot of complaints from them when they were younger but I agree with Orv and David, we never have used public facilities when we could use our own and in fact that is one of the nicest things about an RV, having your own clean wash room with you.
A public washroom is only as clean as the person who used it before you and we all know the world has more than a few two legged swine.LOL

Happy New Year to everyone.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our shower works great. We use the method like Lonnie does. But we don't turn it off and on, until finished showering. We let it run.

we have noticed people going to the CG showers too. While in AZ. we saw several people with those $ 200+ motor homes going to the CG showers. Couldn't figure it out. I ask one of them and they said they didn't want to use the shower because it would mess it up. Some didn't use their water closet either. I was shocked!
We use everything in our Monty.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #9
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We agree with Wrenchtraveller! We know who used our "facilitites" last. From sleeping on the bed to using the shower/water closet our RV is ours. That's what we bought it for-to use. We love camping and having our own place is great.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dustytuu, I would venture to bet that those folks in the $200k + rigs just trade them in when they get them dirty. Why worry about keeping it clean, Eh? I plan on using mine entirely. I used a local shower once in Grand Canyon and swore then I would never do it again unless I saw someone desanitize it first.....

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We are with all of you who use every part of our Monty. We too see the people heading for the CG shower and wonder why they have a Motorhome or TT or 5er. I did the CG showers when we tent camped - no thank you. Even when we had our previous rigs with only a 6 gal. hot water tank, we used our own shower. Besides dirty, CG shower rooms are usually cold and I could never get dressed without getting wet. Thank the Lord for Monty.
Happy trails.................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
We just adjust the temp and let the water run until we are finished. I like to stand in the shower for quite awhile and have never run out of hot water (10 gal HW heater). I have a regulator in line with my filter so the flow is not like a stick house but it is plenty good for us.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #13
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have found the TURN ON HOT , then blend in the COLD this seems to work much better, and we are among the many who use our own shower rather than the parks.....
RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:05 PM   #14
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We found that the water temp seems to regulate better since Paul took out the "water saver thingy" in the shower head. the outside shower runs much better too since he did that to it too.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:59 AM   #15
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
One of the best parts about the Monty is the shower for us. In many cases bigger than the campground shower. Not to mention we do not have to wear shower shoes to protect from the itchy feet syndrom. With the 10 gal. hot water heater never run out of the hot stuff and can take showers back to back without any problem. We too just blend then point the hose away because of the cold shot but then every RV I have had does this. Found a new shower head with a shut off in the handle. Just wish I remember where I saw it cause it had a longer hose...LOL Of all the things I miss the most it is my mind....
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 AM   #16
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

Our shower works great. We use the method like Lonnie does. But we don't turn it off and on, until finished showering. We let it run.

we have noticed people going to the CG showers too. While in AZ. we saw several people with those $ 200+ motor homes going to the CG showers. Couldn't figure it out. I ask one of them and they said they didn't want to use the shower because it would mess it up. Some didn't use their water closet either. I was shocked!
We use everything in our Monty.
I've been using my shower, sink and toliet since living in my unit, and it still looks new. I don't understand folks that can't clean up their own mess in their own RV. I'm not sure what type of mess they could be speaking of...all you have to do is clean your shower walls or spray shower clean on daily, and clean your toliet often and your sink daily after use. takes less than 15 minutes for all if you keep everything up daily. i will never use a campground shower unless it was an emergency situation.
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:53 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Taking a "camper shower" is just part of living in/using a RV and as far as not using the camper facilities...We do not understand and these are the first stories we have heard of the practice...learn something new every day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #18
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
The cold water from the shower restart gets used to rinse down walls and glass.As for the campground shower I shake my head when I see or hear things like this but then I have my own pbobias.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote