Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
New 3295RK

Well it finally got here. We took delivery of our new '06 3295RK on Dec. 22, '05. But alas, being retired we haven't had time to really use it much yet Took it home the evening of the 22nd, left it home the next morning while we went to the kids house in the L.A area for the Christmas holiday, came home Sunday evening and threw a very few basics in and took the new Monty to Pismo Beach for 10 days. Found a very few fix-its that need attention. The day after returning from Pismo I had to leave for a week-end fishing trip with #2 son and 6 year old grandson (hey, somebody has to take care of all this work!)Got home last Monday and have been running around taking care of errands, dental appts., etc. Go out a few times where its parked under the RV cover and just sit and grin.

By the way guys, never tell your wife it ain't ever going to happen. When we were looking around for the right unit Ronni saw one that had the fireplace in it. Ohhhh, thats what I want she purrs. Of course Mr. Practical here says no way, not a chance, we don't need anything like that, etc. etc. We had looked at the '05 2955RK several months earlier, but for '06 it got redesigned into the 3000RK with no pantry and no access to the fridge with the slide in. Wellll, the only other design that seemed to fit our comfort level was this 3295RK, which just happens to have that (purrr, ohhhh) fireplace in it. I have to admit, it is kinda nice, and it is a heater as well so it really does have some practical use.

Will be taking the unit back to the dealer next week for the fix-its, a solar install and a few other minor additions. The heavy hitch weight does concern me some as my truck does squat when hooked up. I'm going to install some SuperSprings next week which will take care of the suspension, but what really has my attention is the weight on the tires. I put the pressure to 75 pounds cold and on the way home it showed 89 pounds. These are brand new tires but am just a bit apprehensive about the weight. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to that much weight loaded on. With those sliders extended it sure is roomy in there. I like the look of the new graphics too. Our next problem will be to avoid the temptation to fill every cabinet and cupboard to the brim like we've had to with our previous smaller 5ers.
Safe travels everyone!

ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Mike and Ronni,
Glad to hear your new Montana is treating you well. I think we can all recall the grin on our faces the day we brought the Montana home. I hope you get some time in the upcoming months to get that baby back out for some use. Enjoy your new rig!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:12 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is party time! Let the good times roll. Hope you enjoy your Monty as much as we have ours. We look forward to your posts relating your adventures. Happy Ring...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:30 AM   #4
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
Mike and Ronni,
Congratulations on the new Monty. We have the same unit and have really enjoyed it. I'm sure you guys will too. I'm also confident that your GMC is up to the task of pulling it. Diana picked out ours for the most part and I made the same comment about the fireplace. Now if I had to do it again I would definitely add the fireplace.

Happy Camping
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Mike
Congratulations, I know you will enjoy your new Montana. Now you can come to the rally in May at Mt. Shasta. We have been coming through Bakersfield for many years on our way back and forth to Northern California.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:16 AM   #6
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
The 3295 suited our needs very well and could not get over the space that the triple slides make. Must be a guy thing about not wanting the fireplace or maybe the extra dollars. When we ordered ours the fireplace was the last thing to go on the list and I was not totally in favor. The first month that we had it made me change my mind. It is a good heat supplement for the furnace and if not real cold can hold a comfortable temperature inside the Monty.

The pin weight was also a concern and gave me doubt about the decision I made to buy this trailer. I also had more squat when hitched than I wanted but the addition of the air bags leveled out the TV and Monty and made it pull easier. I increase tire pressure on the TV to 75# front and 78# rear when pulling and max the trailer tires to 80#. So far no problems.

Although ours is nearly a year old the excitement of a new trailer has not worn off yet as with previous fifth wheels. There are a couple of items that need dealer attention and will take it in next Wednesday.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We also have a 3295RK (love it!) and Steve tells me we run the truck's tires at 65 in the front and 80 in the rear and have had no problems with the tow vehicle tires.

Steve wanted the fireplace but we needed the space for my DVD collection ...
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
ronnilu,
Hello Mike and Ronni. Welcome to the Montana world. We, too, have the 3295. Ours is a 2002 model. We love our rig. It would be something I could fulltime in with no problem. Good friends of ours, Steve and Vicki Reigle, do live full time in theirs. (Hi Vicki) It takes some getting used to. We still have many drawers either empty or nearly so. We have had some problems with the rig but still love it. At this point we would consider getting another rig ONLY if it was a newer 3295!

I note that you live in Bakersfield also. If you click on the "Where are we?" link in my signature you will see a map of what part of town we are in. Good to know there is at least one other 3295 right here in town.

Enjoy.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:56 AM   #9
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Congratulations on the 3295! We absolutely love ours, especially with the ample cabinet space and wide open living area.

I discovered that the fireplace is actually quite practical on our first night out when the propane went out—ours was bought used—and we had to turn on the electric fireplace. It truly did chase the chill in the unit. Before that, I had always loked at fireplaces I had seen in units as rather superfluous. Needless to say, that is not my attitude now.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations! on your new 3295. That is the model we have and we love it. We also have the fireplace and use it many times.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #11
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Mike and Ronni, congrats on your new unit. Sounds great. I've got to add my ditto's to the fireplace comments. We didn't order it, but through a mixup it was on there when it came to the dealer. Sure has been useful and we love it. Happy camping.

On edit-one thing we noticed is that when you operate the fireplace with the louvered access door open, the wooden mantel overhang gets very hot and will probably eventually damage the wood. When closed, the louvered door does a good job of directing the heat down and away from the mantel
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Mik and Ronni, congratulations on a fine coach. Thanks for sharing.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:04 AM   #13
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Congrats on the 3295. That is the model we have. A 2004 model. We love it and would get another if we needed it. Happy travels.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
Rudi and Ellen
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4441
Send a message via AIM to Rudi and Ellen
Hey, Mike!
The fireplace....It's a romantic setting, right? Nudge, nudge, hint, hint, say no more.....!

Congratulations, and happy traveling. We truely love ours....fireplace and all.
Rudi and Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote