Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
3400RL slide out failing

I have our 3400rl parked at Panama City Fl since June 2004. We come and go for our vacation with our grandchildren. Each time we have never had a problem with the slide outs . This time the kitchen couch slide out would not come in and failed every time.I called the dealer and over the phone we checked many things but nothing corrected the problem. We had to get back to Ohio so I was able to bring in the other three slide outs and we left with the big slide still in the out position.
Some of the things checked: Slide is Level left and right both in front and on the side.
Hydraulic fluid is more than half full. No leaks in fluid lines.

Any Ideas or solutions from other members of this form would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the on slide outs and nothing came up that relates to my problem. I enjoy this form and wish every one a blessed 2006 New Year.

Daryl

pound99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Daryl
I'm sure Dale will come along soon with some assistance. They are truly wonderful people and I'm sure can help you. Let us know what the problem was and how it was corrected just in case someone has a similar problem. I'm assuming you don't have the valve closed for that slide.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Darly,
Check the two (2) 1/4" bolts that are in the shaft that turns with the gears.
They have sheared off from time to time.
If they are missing look at one of the other slides to see where they are.
Alway keep a couple spares on hand.
Hope this corrects the problem.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Daryl,

Call me at 574-320-4974 TODAY!! Let's get this fixed.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:51 AM   #5
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
We have been fortunate in that we haven't had any problems with slides. However, it really makes me feel good that we have a Lippert representative who is soliciting a call on New Years Day morning in order to help someone who does have a problem. I haven't met him, but I am continually impressed with Dale's willingness to help (even on his days off) and his support of the people on this forum.

Thank you, Dale.
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Darly Iam sure Dale will take care of you. He sure helped me, I had my slides coming open up to four inches while travling down the road.
He showed up at the Minden Rally with all the parts and tools to not only fix my rig but others that had problems with their slides.
In my opinion Dale is a Hero.
Just another thought.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 AM   #7
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Dale and or Daryl,
When you come to a conclusion of what the problem is could you post it for our information.
Thanks
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Mel and Joy,

How the heck have you folks been? Baked any Red Cakes lately? How are your slide rooms working for you? Don't you like all of the questions I ask? Do you wish I would quit?

Haven't heard from you guys in a while. Great to see your post! And I ain't a hero. Just doing my job. It is so much fun, it should be illegal!!

It's about 3:15 pm and I haven't gotten a call from Daryl yet. Maybe he was able to get it figured out and get it corrected.

Dale
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #9
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
I talked to Dale, the Lippert expert; he thinks I may have a dead cell in my 12volt battery. I think he is probably correct because the carbon sensor made noises when I was drawing the power to bring in the slide. Which means the power is low. I will have my son-in-law check this since I’m in Ohio. I will update the form when I know the final solution.

Thanks much for your responses.

Daryl
Old 01-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm with Roman4 on this one. Dale is a super guy. We've had the pleasure of meeting him several times.

Daryl, we once had to bring in the slides with a dead battery. We hooked up the umbilical to the truck and, with engine running, were able to bring in the slides. Engine off and it won't work though. Just a way to move those slides when the battery is dead. Also, the manual for the slides should tell you how to manually move the slides.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
Greetings! Thanks Dale for your earnest help. I checked the battery and found it dry. I filled up the six cells with pure water and waited 24 hours. The four slide outs came in with out any problems. I have to take the blame and it was not the slide outs fault. I really do appreciate this form. I feel like I have a secret support and security to solve camping problems. Dale you're the greatest. Thanks!!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Daryl,

Thanks for the update and I'm happy to see Dale and Lippert have come through once again.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote