Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
5 weeks after a major purchase.

This 06 Montana 2955RL is the fourth new 5th wheel I have bought and I have also bought 3 new slide in campers so a new RV is not a new experience to me. A lot of things you buy, after a month or so of ownership and getting to know the unit, it has been my experience to feel let down and find what you have purchased was not what you had thought it was. This is not the case with our Montana. We love it.
I was out in the Montana today and I just want to say, I have no second thoughts on our choice and my wife and I are still very pleased that we chose the Montana over several other makes we were considering. We have since gone back and looked at the others and it feels real good to still feel you made the right choice.

If I was planning on full timing I would have went for one of the larger Montanas but for us right now a 2955RL is the best choice.

As so many have stated on this website, the Montanas are hard to beat and offer the best value for your RV dollar. The Montana is a great RV value and this website is just the icing on a great cake. Thanks again for all the good information that made us make the right choice.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wrenchtraveller,
So many times folks usually give the other side to your story, the bad. Glad to hear your Montana has made you happy with your buying decision. I am on my second Montana, there will be a third and fourth for sure someday. Hope you have many more miles of great memories ahead.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Montana Sky, Thanks for the kind words. Forums are great places to learn but they can also be deceiving because as we all know it is Human nature to be more vocal about things we are not pleased with and some people are never happy no matter what. Nothing made by the hands of man will ever be perfect but in the 30 plus years I have owned RVs I have always been amazed how different people are in their sense of value. I love going to big RV shows and going into these amazing Diesel Pusher Buses. Donna and I can go into one that is 400000 dollars and it feels richer to us than the 600000 dollar one we just came out of. It is the same with 5th wheels on a smaller monetary scale. We have been through a lot of units that cost more than a Montana but feel cheaper to us but we are middle class folks so maybe we have different tastes than people with lots of money. One thing I do know, in todays world, to compete and stay in business you have to shop globally and all the companies are buying parts made in China and other places.
We all feel better seeing made in USA on things we buy but these off shore products are sometimes as good or better than local stuff. The fold up stairs on my Montana are made in India but seem to be quite well made and even my 95 Kit Companion had wheel bearings made in China. I serviced them every 2 years and never had a problem with them. Now I see our hydraulic slide outs have fittings on them stamped "China". Sorry for rambling but I love talking RVs, Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:53 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hello Wrenchtraveller,
We have had our Montana since April and have been living it full time since June. We still feel the same about ours and when we go into other 5th wheels or motor homes of our new friends, we are happy to come home to our Montana. The feeling doesn't end.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:57 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Nice to see satisfied owners.I agree that folks tend to talk more about the bad than the good but then again we have no problems with the good things and we need to know about the bad.Disprik and I, (and spouses) are going to the Toledo Rv show late Feb .We will check out the new models and floorplans and if all works out we will order the Montana. dsprik is close to ordering also so who knows..Helen and I already knew that the Montana was the best and this forum educated with all that could go wrong....so we are ready....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:52 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Don
I'm so thrilled to hear another GOOD story. Ours is a little over a year old and we feel the same way. We lived in it for 9-10 months and now it is parked beside the house. We are trying to figure out how we can go someplace for a few days in between family obligations because we miss being in the Monty. I truly believe a positive attitude is the key to anything you buy or do. I hope you have years of continued enjoyment and lots of great adventures.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #7
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Wrenchtraveller, welcome to the host of HAPPY MONTANA owners. We as well have had many rv's in the past which includes 2 other 5er's. We to looked long and hard before we fell in love with our 3255. Our hope is to spend a lot more time traveling as soon as my better half makes up her mind she has had enough ER nursing (35yrs). When it comes time to replace this one it will no doubt be another Monty. High price does not always mean high quality. Happy Camping.
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:49 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Gotta agree with Montana Sky on this one. I really do tire of hearng/reading all the down sides of RVs. I guess it is human nature to complain when things go down hill and that's the problem. No where near enough folks jump in when things are right.
Lorraine and I bought our '04 2955RL back in September of 2003. We DO fulltime in ours and have been since October 18th 2003. In those 2 plus years we have had a sticking shower door and that's about it. Oh sure we had some minor things but nothing you wouldn't expect in any RV especially one that is lived in 24/7/365 for 2 years.
We love our Montana and when the time comes to trade we will without a doubt buy another Montana.
Another plus in the Montana's favor is the MontanaOwners.com. In all the years I have been surfing the internet I have never come across a more FRIENDLY, INFORMATVE, EDUCATIONAL message board. Our MONTANA is our HOME and the MOC is our FAMILY
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #9
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I'll join the list who appreciate the good stories about their RV's. As someone stated, these units are made by human beings, so they are not perfect, not very many things in life are. We bought our 3255RL used and have been more than happy with it. We've had problems, yes, but nothing to change our minds that Montana is one of the best units for the $$$. Never get tired of looking at all the new RV's, but nothing so far has appealed to us more than our Montana.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I started a thread a while back entitled "no trouble with your Rv" and got 13 replies which indicates to me that the good things are expected and are are not a big conversation point.It is the negative things that are of concern. I for one want to be alerted to the "down side " of Rv'ing so I can take preventative action if needed. It is like the space heater thread.We have used space heaters in the home and RV for many years without a single problem..that's good. However I would like have the information that occasionally one will burst into flame so that I may choose what preventitive measures to take..like not leaving them on when not at home or in the Rv..or adding additional smoke detectors. Like the "side effect" statement on medications..the majority never experience them...but it is nice to know that it can happen..I am sure that we all understand that our Montana's are dependable high Quality units or we would not have them or be buying them..But things do go wrong and it is good to share that with other owners.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I also have a 2955RL and think it is all the camper we need. We have logged over 4000 miles sence april and have spent over 100 days in the RV. We have had some small problems, but none that have not been fixed to your satifaction!
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nice story, Wrenchtraveller. Two new Montanas in five years and we still feel the same way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote