Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Linda and Walt,

You are having a VERY bad week, that said, you are both OK, and that is the first and most important thing! Our hearts and prayers go out to you, and, lets hope this is the end of this run of bad luck!

I cannot imagine how scary that must have been, I am sending Al out to look at our rig in the AM.

Consider yourselves hugged, say your prayers of thanks and try to have a good holiday.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #22
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Our prayers are with you -- so glad to hear that you are both okay -- what a time you have had. Les just went out and checked our wires --- we have a 2004 3380RL and he says it appears they have put a plastic sheath around the hole to eliminate this problem.

Good luck --- Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #23
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
So glad everyone is OK. As a fireman I know how fast these thing can happen. You said you smelled smoke did your smoke detector go off? If not please check it and your batteries.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Linda & Walt, you have a great blessing coming next week.. NOT a fortune cookie...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #25
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sweetfire

So glad everyone is OK. As a fireman I know how fast these thing can happen. You said you smelled smoke did you smoke detector go off? If not please check it and your batteries.
Sweetfire, I did not get any smoke inside all the damage was done on the outside and behind the walls... We have melted wires behind the walls. The inside is fine just nothing that works off of 12 volts does not work any more. Thank You for careing. This is a very hard time for me.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #26
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I can only repeat what everyone else has already said. This is a terrible thing to have happen.

From what I have read, it sounds like the damage is limited to parts than can be replaced. I'm sure that with some help from Keystone Customer Service, and a good local dealer, things can be made right again. I hope this is the case anyway. Given the time of year, I would not think of going to the factory, or anywhere else in N. Indiana, although there are certainly people there who could help you.

I wish there was more we could do to help, but you certainly have our moral support in this stressful time.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #27
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Linda and Walt: Hope all goes well with the repairs, and soooo sorry that this has happened, but very glad you are ok, , , well as ok as you can be. Be thankful and it will all get repaired, and you'll be on your way again.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #28
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Fire is scary, fire in an RV is really scary. Sounds like the batteries and/or the converter supplied enough current to heat the cables enough to melt the insulation, and a bunch of other things.

We all need to give thanks today and tomorrow that you are safe and your home is still intact, if not your composure.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #29
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
prariepoodle

So sorry to hear of your fire,our hearts certainly go out to you. Thank goodness you're alright and caught it before you lost everything. I'm sure it's a source of comfort that so many MOC members care and would help in any way we could if we were near you. This is what is so wonderful about this web site, that with telling us what happened, will help others from having the same problem or something worse. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this tough time. LaVonne
Old 11-23-2005, 03:16 PM   #30
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave Anderson

Tom & Betty, We have the same rig as you cept a year older. will check my wires now !! Do you have the 8" frame? if so did you have the retrofit??
Dave,

I have the 8 inch frame with the retrofit. Yes please check the wires. Just pull out the drawers to the right of the sink. You will see the junction box and wires going through the holes.

Tom
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:05 PM   #31
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Linda & Walt, Others have said it better, but I'll add my comments anyway to say I'm so happy you're both safe and sound, and no pets were harmed. The rig can be fixed. It's just a matter of time and a huge inconvenience. Hope you are able to enjoy Thanksgiving in spite of the problems, and keep thinking positively! Thanks for letting us know.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #32
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Linda and Walt,
I am so sorry to hear of your fire problem. I'm happy, however, that neither one of you got hurt. Or that none of your neighbors got hurt. Hopefully your rig will be better than new in no time at all.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:29 AM   #33
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Linda and Walt,

So sorry to hear of your problems. I guess this Thanksgiving we can all be thankful that you were able to act so quickly. Things could have been so much worse. Thank you so much for alerting us to this potential hazzard. We will definately check this out. Hope your Thanksgiving is a good one in spite of it all! Keep us posted on how you make out with the repairs, etc. We will all be praying for you!

Al and Nita
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:37 AM   #34
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
They must have made changes, at least in my 2006 Mountaineer 329RLS, see the pics below:

They have covered the edges where the wires go through
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:47 AM   #35
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Linda and Walt. I am so sorry to hear about your fire and also so glad to hear that you both are safe. Thank you for posting the problem so the rest of us can check our rigs for safety. In spite of the problems you have been having we do hope that you will have a nice Thanksgiving.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #36
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Linda and Walt,

I'm glad you are all OK. I hope GMAC takes care of everything in an expeditious manner and makes you whole. Again, I'm happy to hear there were no injuries.

God Bless,
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #37
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Hello everyone

Well it has been two days sense the fire and I have done a lot of paceing the floor and of course shedding some tears Wondering what will happen. It will be next week before Insurance will come out.I want to thank each and everyone of you for the PRAYERS. I just got this email today and wanted to share it with you,KEYSTONE IS WATCHING I will call this number on Monday.

Linda:

I am so sorry to read your posting on the MOC web site. Thank goodness
there were no injuries.

I have printed out the entire thread of postings regarding your trailer
and have put it in our intercompany mail to our head of customer
service, Rick Deisler. You can reach him at 866-425-4369 on Monday.

He will be best able to assist you with your next step.

Again, my most sincere apologies for your troubling episode.

Regards,

Jeff Rank
Keystone

So untill I have more news God Bless Each One Of You.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #38
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Linda ... I'm so glad you were home when this happened and that the damage, although considerable, did not include any of your personal possessions. Most importantly though, I'm so glad no one was injured.

My heart goes out to you ... this has been so stressful for you. I'm so happy and relieved for you to learn that Keystone has already stepped up to help. Be sure to keep us posted.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #39
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What a wonderful response from Keystone. An answer to prayer. As I've mentioned before, they were great when we had to replace our water tank.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #40
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Nice letter from Jeff Rank. Thanks for sharing it with us Linda.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote