Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
Drakhorn

M.O.C. #3428
Child Proof RV

We have our granddaughter 4 days a week. She is only 3 Month old now, but growing like a weed. In a short time she will be able to get around the RV. I notice the LP detector is at ground level and there are many other things she could possible get into. So what have any of you done to child proof your RV's?

Drakhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Our granddaughter is almost 2, and we have been taking care of her since she was 3 months old, mostly in her house, but from time to time in our rig. We put safety locks on the lower cabinet doors and bungy the screen door shut. Other than that, we just pay attention and enjoy the heck out of her!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
owenwetzel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3344
Just a note of caution. Please do not block or remove LP gas detector. LP gas is heavier than air and lays on floor or ground so gas detector needs to be where it is. I spent 20 years in the fire service.
owenwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Drakhorn

We have our granddaughter 4 days a week. She is only 3 Month old now, but growing like a weed. In a short time she will be able to get around the RV. I notice the LP detector is at ground level and there are many other things she could possible get into. So what have any of you done to child proof your RV's?

Drakhorn,
We have a few Golden Retrievers we travel with and a couple are still quite young. I think when it comes to young dogs or children you face many of the same challenges in that anything that can go into their mouths does. One thing we've found we've had to do is pull all the button caps off the furniture as these tend to disappear. I'd imagine a child could work these off as well and they could well be a hazard.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We have been travelling with our granddaughter for the last couple of years, she is now 4. The only thing she has ever done is to turn on the light on the electric fire, she likes to see it flicker. We had her brother for 2 weeks at Disney this year, he is 2 and I was worried he would turn on the water pump which is at a level for him to touch but he never bothered. It's amazing they soon learn what they are allowed or not allowed to do.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote