Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2005, 05:16 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Countrygirl and Padredw, we almost met you!

Well, I suppose 'almost' is stretching it just a wee bit. Last week we drove through the RV-only CG, Fishing Bridge, at Yellowstone. There were several Montanas there. Two had people outside so at those we stopped briefly and told them about MOC and gave them a card. One of the guys told us another MOC member had stopped by and given them a card. He thought it was CountryGirl. So, we missed you by a bit but the world became a little bit smaller anyhow..

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Steve. One of these days [not too far distant, we hope!] we look forward to meeting you and Vicki. We may make a trip down to the Valley while you are there. Don't forget to let us know your travel plans on the way down. We may find a place to meet while you are on the way. We would certainly be pleased about that.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Well, having met all four of you--the only people Marsha and I HAVE met on MOC--you are in for a treat when you finally get together!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
J.D., Marsha, and John,

Our visit with you remains one of our most pleasant memoris of that trip to Georgia and South Carolina. Including that trip we have now been in 22 states over May, June, and July -- and traveled over 10,000 miles with our Montana.

We were in Red Rock a month before Steve and Vicki arrived. Wish we could have been there while they were, but we are determined to make contact as soon as possible.

So, dear Georgia friends, we also hope you will find your way to Texas [should I not say EAST Texas] before we get too old to entertain you in true Texas style.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
David, you are too kind!

Who knows, perhaps somewhere in the not too distant future we will make it out your way. Sadly, Marsha and I are just not as adventurous as you and Shirley or some of the other good people here, so "lengthy" journies remain rather intimidating for us.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
How funny you should consider us "adventuresome," JD ... my mother used to say that she never worried about me getting on drugs because she said I had no "sense of adventure!"
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 PM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Vicki, This won't make much sence unless I tell you that I'm really responding to your latest "Postcard", not to this thread.

First, I'm glad you've started your Island Park/Yellowstone edition. I'e been waiting for it. I have followed your postcards since before I ever joined this forum, and have always enjoyed them.

Now, at Red Rock we were especially glad for our DirectTV satellite TV reception. We had all the channels we get here at home, except for the local channels here. We found several places on this last trip where there was NO antenna TV reception, but where we got excellent satellite reception. Unfortunately, at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon we had no TV at all. Too many trees for the satellite to work. Truthfully, we didn't miss it. We spent only one night in that park and were in the National Park until bedtime that nigh.

Keep posting!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
David ... I'm so glad you're enjoying the Postcards. We're going to be home all weekend, so I'm going to get my rear-in-gear and get caught up. Then, hopefully, Steve will have a chance to get them on the website.

We've talked about the satellite/DirecTv thing ever since we started full-timing, but this is the first time in almost 2-1/2 years that we've had NO TV AT ALL for more than a night or two. And I have to admit, I've been going through some serious withdrawal anxiety here! So, I'm sure we'll be talking about it again. And I've made it very, very clear to Steve that I WANT CABLE at any future RV parks ... at least until further notice!

Fortunately, I have 360 DVDs so since we've been here I've had the Tom Hanks Film Festival, the James Garner Film Festival, the Harrison Ford Film Festival and the Cary Grant Film Festival. I'm now working on the "Alphabet" Film Festival ... Steve picks a letter of the alphabet and I watch all the movies with titles starting with that letter. Pretty exciting, huh? Steve just spends more time on his computer!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Padre, I'm going to email you about our schedule/itinerary for getting to the Valley.

As for the TV, I just miss the news and weather reports. I have all that on my yahoo home page, anyhow, so just use the wifi for news and weather. Otherwise I really don't miss TV at all.

By the way, Vicki did comment that she'd like cable at the next couple of destinations, if possible. (I think that's called 'tongue-in-cheek')

J.D., since most of us stop at night, a long trip is really just a bunch of shorter trips back to back!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote