Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
Montana_3166

M.O.C. #3166
new and looking at the 3475

I joined the message board last week and have really enjoyed reading it thus far. We are considering buying the Montana 3475 model (new this year) or a Cedar Creek 36RLTS. After going to the dealer and RV show here in Dallas, and reading your forums we think we are leaning towards the Montana. I saw one post saying they had one on order, has anyone else picked up a 3475 yet? So many questions to ask you all.
Does the fiberglass hold up well? Or is the new gel coat that the Cedar Creek really better?
We have a 30 ft Jayco Jayflight 29BHS so this will be our first 5th wheel any and all info would be helpful!
Anyone ever owned the Credar Creek? Hope to make a decision before the middle of next month.

Montana_3166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome plwest I cannot answer your questions but know that others will be along soon to help you out.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
First of all welcome to the MOC. I don't have the gel coat on ours but you can get it on a Montana if you order it. some on this forume have it and I think it is worth the money from what I have read. If I was ordering one I would get it. We bought ours off the lot so didn't have that choice. You will get a lot of advice here.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Welome to MOC. We have a 3475 on order. Just today I got confirmation that the build date is Mar 3. We've had a Montana since 2000 and have found them to be great value. They are supported well by Keystone and this is one of the major reasons we bought another Montana.

After much thought we decided to stay with the fiberglass sidewalls rather than the gel coat. We waxed our last Monty twice a year and it shone as good the day we sold it as it did when we bought it. Many people on this forum have the gel coat and like it so in my mind it boils down to personal preference. Do a search on Gel coat and you should find the last posts on this topic.

As far as the 3475 floorplan is concerned, we spent a lot of time looking at the different floorplans, including the 3500. We found that we liked the 3475 best since it has the open concept and has the best amount of closet space in the bedroom. You will have to conclude which floorplan is best for you based on your requirements.

Good luck with your decision.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
As has been mentioned the Montanas can be ordered with either configuration. My unit has Gel Coat and my next one will. The down side is the additional weight.

Welcome to the Montana madness. Whatever you decide, choose to enjoy it to the fullest. You will love moving from a TT to a Fiver.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
Montana_3028
Established Member

M.O.C. #3028
We seen this model at the Ft Worth show...very nice unit....The cedar creek is nice as well...but I think you will get a fe wmore features ..now they will cost you...but both are very nice..Forest River build a good unit..as does Keystone....hope you pick the Montana....

good luck
Montana_3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #7
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
When we were looking for an RV we looked at Cedar Creek too, nice unit, but when we were looking, the Cedar Creek was more expensive, heavier, and lacked a few things we wanted. We love our Montana, and have been living in it for nearly a year.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:39 AM   #8
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We have the new 3475 Montana and like it very much. This is our second Montana. we chose this model because of its layout. We are on our shake down run for two months in Florida and everything works except the electric hot water heater. The gas side works fine. We will get that fixed when we get home. The rig tows great and the weight appears to be ballanced very well. One thing we were surprised to find out is that the washer/dryer is tied into the black tank rather than the gray water tank. Its a minor change but I wish I knew about it. I opened up the grey thinking that was the one. No problems, I cought it in time. We had an automatic satellite dish mounted on the roof and that had to be adjusted after it was installed down here. We would buy another Montana.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren Va (Presently in Orlando FL)
2005 3475 Montana
2000 Ford F-350 Diesel with chip
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:05 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
ken,

Not questioning your black water/washer situation, but sitting here talking about that, Al asked, is there any possibility that your handles are mis-labeled?? The bad labels have been mentioned here before, so we know it happens. Just thought we would ask

So, how do you like the "S" dish???

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #10
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Carol, I found our labels on the handles of of 2750 were labelled backwards when we got it. I caught it quickly..thank goodness. Before I take our new Montana out I will drain both tanks (should have antifreeze in them) and then put water in the black tank. Then pull the handles to see which one drains.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:55 AM   #11
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
The Montana has a welded aluminum frame, all around top and bottom. The Cedar Creek has a frame held together with bolts (small). The one I looked at had some sheet metal screws used in the storage are. A very nice 5er in appearance. The gel coat would be a plus in my opinion. The Cedar Creek should not be higher priced if like options are considered. They were not a year ago.
The frame on the Montana was the difference for me. Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we are torn between the Cardinal and the Montana 3295.Wife likes the floor plan on the Montana 3294 and the 3745.The choice will come down to floor plans as they are all quality Rv's
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:15 AM   #13
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Rich-
We previously owned a '98 28'RK Cardinal and enjoyed it very much and thought that we wanted another when we started looking to trade. The one we looked at was the 30'TS. We made our decison on the 3295RK Montana for a couple of reasons, the Cardinal does not have an option for a king size bed, this is what we are accustomed to at home. The other is the location of the TV. We pulled the slide in one day and I did not get all the water off and going down the road some managed to get into the TV and "POP", we were out a new TV, from then on we covered with a rubber backed rug and crossed it with bungee cords to prevent another accident. We thought the Monty to be the better of the two and I would not be enjoying the comments and experiences from the other Monty owners if I had not bought it. Can't wait until ours arrives.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:01 PM   #14
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

we are torn between the Cardinal and the Montana 3295.Wife likes the floor plan on the Montana 3294 and the 3745.The choice will come down to floor plans as they are all quality Rv's
richfaa you guys can't go wrong with the Montana. We are into our second Montana brand and have not trouble with either unit. I have a friend that has a Cardinal and it has been in the soft constantly. You will get lemons anywhere you go, but Keystone seems to really stand behind any problem. Good luck and happy trails.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich & Helen, obviously we in this forum like our Montanas. However, the Cardinal is also a good brand. Our first Montana was a new 2001 2880RL. We liked it so much that when we decided to trade (to get room for washer and dryer) we bought another Montana, a new 2003 3295RK. We had the 3295RK for 8 months before starting our fulltiming (now on our 24th month) and still think we made the right choice for us in the 3295RK and the right choice, period, in getting another Montana. While I think there are other good brands, I also look at "bang for the buck". We probably overuse that term in this forum but there's a reason for that. Also, Montana has been the number one selling trailer in North America for four years in a row. There must be a reason for that. Anyone can lead for a year, maybe even two, but you have to do things right to stay on top for four years. And that includes taking care of your customers. And THAT is why we have a Montana.

Good luck to you folks regardless of what brand you buy. I realize floorplans and other amenities are all important so you may end up with something other than a Montana. Let us know you decision.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote