Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #21
one_strange_texan
Established Member

M.O.C. #3989
I have one the older Coleman Road Trip cookers. I use it for the burners and griddle capability. Even then, it doesn't seem to have the BTU capacity to boil large quantities of water (boiled crawfish or fried turkey, anyone?).

I have a George Foreman portable grill for grilling steaks, burgers, chicken, sausage, hot dogs, etc. I have been very pleased with it. It is made out of stainless steel. I have been carrying an extra propane tank for these cookers, but have finally wised up and obtained the fittings and hoses to tie into the Monty tanks.

By the way, I also have a high BTU burner for crawfish, fish fries, chili, etc. Dang, I'm getting hungry!

one_strange_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:48 AM   #22
PAIC 01
Established Member

M.O.C. #6429
Sometime ago we purchased a SS grill from West Marine to use on our boat with rail brackets. We soon found out that table top brackets were available and purchased same to use when in the RV. The grill cooks super (can't say that about myself the cook) and easy to clean and never rust. The grill is compact enough to fit in the front compartment in a gym bag and it's such a good addition to the RV, that we leave it in here, and purchased another cheaper model for the boat. The unit sells for around $350.00 but worth every penny.

jpp
PAIC 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:03 AM   #23
rono
Established Member

M.O.C. #6606
OK, I have to ask. What is the baby Q? New at this so help me out.
Ron
rono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:13 AM   #24
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Here's a link to the Weber grills:

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2007/q/Q100.aspx

It looks like they've added a couple things since I got mine.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #25
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
I'm new to the game, but am a full timer. We had a full size Webber at home that I loved. The 3 burner set up allowed me to grill a lot of food at a good temperature. I'm prejudice and so are my friends, but we thought the food was decent.

When we went on the road we bought a Coleman with all the various grill, griddle and burner combinations along with the rolling case bag. Used for 6 months and gave it to my son and his family. Liked it, but did not love it. I couldn't do "beer can chicken" or slow cook on it. It definitely has all of the positive features of the previous owner's but it didn't meet our needs.

I went to a "Lowe's Home Improvement Center," and found a nice heavy duty table top grill that I can cook for at least 4 and with the wife's help on keeping the food warm can serve 6 off of the grill. The main thing that really bother me about the Coleman was there are no cooking methods (books) out there. It cooked extremely fast, but then I was told it wasn't made for the top to be closed. I prefer slow cooking as to burning my meat, fowl or fish.

Anyway, that's my $0.10 view.

Take care and may the road be safe.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #26
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Here is an 18 pound solution that creates 10,000 BTU and costs $30 at WallyWorld. You don't feel bad about buying a new one every couple years.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5280782
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 AM   #27
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
I've had a couple of these models up at our lake property Virgil.
They work well and you don't have to worry about them.
I left ours outside along with our smoker for a couple years and never bothered to put them inside. There's something to be said for that aspect.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #28
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
We use the Baby "Q" grill by Weber. Best small grill we have ever used. It worked well in high winds and 28 deg. weather we had last fall in Door County Wi. We were using the Thermos "Grill-to-go". After two years we threw it away.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #29
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Here's another vote for the Webber Baby Q. It has a heavy grate and enough BTUs to sear a piece of meat. It comes with a great little cook book and if you do what it says you will not be disappointed. Also very easy to clean and there are foil drip pans available you can use or line the one provided with foil and it makes it easy to get rid of the grease. Did I mention we really like this gril???
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #30
Fjkiss
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6278
Have the Q 200 it's the best I've used
Ozzie: cut the back bone out of the bird lay it out flat cook it ooh soooo slow with a few hickery chips and enjoy.
Fjkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #31
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Hmmm...now that one I may have to give a go...it makes my mouth water just thinking of it. Thank you for the tip!

I haven't done much smoking with mine as I always seems to overdue it.
It ends up just tasting like smoke. Maybe I need lessons.