Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #21
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
You Guys crack me up! I had the same problem about a month ago switched back to single-ply paper and haven't had a problem since. It happened when it got real cold seems the solids become more solid at the bottom of the tank. I used a couple of buckets of hot water to help thin things out. Then after a little while hit the bottom of the outlet with my palm a couple of times and woosh it went. Then I invested in a clear outlet and found that it takes alot more time that I figured to get it cleaned out properly. Not that funnny when it happened actually very frustrating but doing it like this no rain coat was needed....

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As I mentioned before when hooked up to sewers we dump the black tanks every day and we use plenty of water and the proper TP. It takes maybe 10 mins of your time to dump and clean every day and it pays off.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #23
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
I usually add about 5-10 gallons to the black tank after I dump, want to make sure the solids have something to float in.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We also had a clog and the way I solved it was to close all the valves, put a twist-on valve on the end of the drain line, and a termination cap with a hose connector. Take a garden hose with 2 female ends, hook up from water supply to termintation cap, open water supply, open twist-on valve, (this will fill and pressurize the main line out). When it is pressurized, open black valve and listen for rush of water to break plug (hopefully it will). Then close twist-on valve, remove hose, remove cap and hook up sewer line, open twist-on valve and hopefully things will be better.

A twist-on valve is helpful in case one of the tank valves should leak. You won't get a surprise when taking off the termination cap. It's also helpful to put a large hose clamp around the connection to the main line to insure it doesn't twist off. Click below to see what this valve looks like. Best of luck to you.
Al
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...e/skunum=27868
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have the twist on valve above. I use it to equalize my two grey tanks - twist on valve closed, both greys open, black tank closed.

When I dump (this is with full hook up), I close both greys, open the black, open the twist on to begin dumping, turn on the back flush. When empty and have mostly clear water coming out (I have a 45 degree clear elbow on the twist on valve), I close the twist on valve and open the full shower/vanity grey tank.

This back flushes the black tank with much more force than any hose would do. Before it equalizes all the way - about 10 secs - I open the twist on and let both tanks empty. I do not let the black tank equalize its level with the grey, as it prevents any possible back wash of the black tank into my shower grey tank. This really will surprise you with the amount of extra "stuff" that comes out of the black tank.

I keep the back flush going through this process to help further dislodge any other material. Once both tanks are empty, I close the black tank valve, turn off the back flush (after running a little extra water in the black tank), then I open the galley grey tank.

When both greys are empty, I close the twist on valve, leaving the 2 greys open to equalize and the black valve closed.

I devised this procedure after two "near problems" with my black tank... No problems since.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #26
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Some rv stores have an elbow that you can hook a water hose to then back flush with water pressure. Also make sure nothing is blocking the vent
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #27
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Well gang we are running freely once again. Thanks to all of your suggestions and help. I did buy the twist on flush valve and used the grey tank to back flush in order to help dislodge the clog. It took a couple of days in order to get the other tanks full in order to get sufficient back wash pressure. As is the norm, you guys are the greatest and came to the rescue with advice. Thanks to you all. I think we can close this discussion.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote