Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2005, 03:13 AM   #21
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
We have the 2980 and I installed a heavy duty seat swivel (the kind used for boat seats) between the table pedestal and the table. We now rotate the table when we travel so that we can get by it to access the kitchen area. Works great and the pedestal is still screwed down so it can't bounce around while in transport.

The only possible down side it that it raised the table top height by an inch or two. I originally intended to trim the pedestal to match the stock height but decided to try it without doing so. It turned out to not be an issue for us.

wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:43 AM   #22
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wileecoyote985

We have the 2980 and I installed a heavy duty seat swivel (the kind used for boat seats) between the table pedestal and the table. We now rotate the table when we travel so that we can get by it to access the kitchen area. Works great and the pedestal is still screwed down so it can't bounce around while in transport.

The only possible down side it that it raised the table top height by an inch or two. I originally intended to trim the pedestal to match the stock height but decided to try it without doing so. It turned out to not be an issue for us.
wileecoyote985, will it not hit the side wall when turning? How far from the side wall is it?

Thanks for your input,
R L Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #23
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Quote:
quote:

wileecoyote985, will it not hit the side wall when turning? How far from the side wall is it?

Thanks for your input,
R L Driver
Our table has a slide mechanism that allows adjustment of the table top to an off center position. Not sure if they are all like that or not. In any case, what I do is slide the table all the way to one side and then swivel it around like that. It just barely clears, but it does clear.

After we get it turned sideways, we push it up tight to two chairs that we place against the wall/window. We put a blanket over the chair backs to keep anything from getting barked up. The other two chairs we slide in sideways as far as possible at the ends of the table. Allows just enough room to get through.

I've got one project left to do on the table and that's to install a barrel bolt or some other type of latch to hold the table/swivel in place in both the normal and travel positions. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gary
Old 12-14-2005, 04:43 PM   #24
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801

[/quote]

Our table has a slide mechanism that allows adjustment of the table top to an off center position. Not sure if they are all like that or not. In any case, what I do is slide the table all the way to one side and then swivel it around like that. It just barely clears, but it does clear.

After we get it turned sideways, we push it up tight to two chairs that we place against the wall/window. We put a blanket over the chair backs to keep anything from getting barked up. The other two chairs we slide in sideways as far as possible at the ends of the table. Allows just enough room to get through.

I've got one project left to do on the table and that's to install a barrel bolt or some other type of latch to hold the table/swivel in place in both the normal and travel positions. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gary
[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea, I like the table loose for turning but it moves a lot when in use so this should work great.

Do you have a make and model for the base that you used? I checked WestMarine but not sure if I found a usable one.

Thanks again,
R L (Dick) Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #25
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Sounds like a great idea, I like the table loose for turning but it moves a lot when in use so this should work great.

"Do you have a make and model for the base that you used? I checked WestMarine but not sure if I found a usable one.

Thanks again,
R L (Dick) Driver"

Dick;

It's just a standard seat swivel. Your local Wallmart probably has them in their sporting goods section. The last two I bought were like $4.99 each.

Gary
Old 12-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #26
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
SMC is right the water pump is located (the water pump is in the kitchen cabinet. You can access it by taking off the air intake by the door.) I recently cut an opening in the cabinet on the angle of the island and put a door in so that I would not have to keep removing the air intake off. I determined that eventually the screws would loose their holding power. Much easier to winterize and dewinterize.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote