Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2023, 08:24 AM   #21
DemLin
Established Member

M.O.C. #13345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ757S View Post
I've been searching for insurance on our 2007 Keystone Montana 3500-RL. Good Sam has had us at $110.00 a month.

Our car, 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 has been through Gieco at $200 a month for full coverage. $500/$500 collision and comprehensive state minimum for coverage body injury etc.

Still have a loan on our Genesis.

I am frustrated and blown away by other people's quotes. My Husband is 40 and I am 38-year-old female. Neither one of us has any tickets or accidents. Knock on wood. Good credit. Continuous insurance.

We are paying out the ass and I have tried shopping around and not getting any cheaper rates. Looking for advice. Thank you.

Our 2006 3500RL is insured through Progressive for $264 a year (bundled with home and auto)

DemLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:45 AM   #22
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
OP don't know if you found a solution or not but noted you mentioned you had Geico on your car. I have Geico as well on my vehicles and they carry my RV insurance as well. Have you contacted them? The have a dedicated RV group. Their coverages are very good and the rates were unbeatable. I don't recall exactly what they are but they were much lower than anyone else.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:09 PM   #23
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I've had very different experience with Allstate and they are the founder and a charter member of my "never do business with again" club. This club goes back over 35 years now.

I had taken a new job in a new city and bought an old house and insured it along with my cars with Allstate. This house had a lot of Victorian style scroll work on the front porch and was covered in about an inch of paint from over the years. I was working on removing the paint and patching before painting. I was working on this project in evenings after work and on weekends. Suddenly I get a letter from Allstate that my home wasn't insurable and they were cancelling only about 3 months into a full year's premium I had paid. The story I got from the agency I bought the policy from was their regional manager just happened to drive by my house and somehow he could tell the house was in disrepair. Mind you, I had to get this information from the agency's owner since the agent I bought from was they serving prison time for fraud. I was able to get the regional manager's phone number and called him up. I tried briefly to talk rationally but soon was calling him words that would make the crustiest old sailor blush; obviously to no avail. This was in early 1988 and was and will be the last dealings I have with Allstate.

So much for my story; do a web search about Allstate post hurricane Katrina and all of the lawsuits they've been in since for not paying claims. After all the Louisiana residents they screwed over, they are still the proud sponsor of the Allstate Sugar Bowl every year, which seems to me like a slap in the face to those residents. While you're looking, check out what the state of Florida did to them in 2008. Allstate got so bad the state insurance commissioner barred them from selling any new auto or homeowners policies for a period of time. They were allowed to service policies that were already in place, just not sell new ones.

I suppose if you live in an area that's a bit more immune to natural disasters than coastal areas and your home is in pristine condition you might be allright. In my humble opinion; Allstate is little more than an internet scam, and they will never lay their "Good Hands" on this guy again.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:09 PM   #24
Pathfinder75
Established Member

M.O.C. #19500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
Missouri?????? NO..... Halifax Nova Scotia Canada....Summer hangout on the salt water!!!!! J
Jim in Halifax; Sorry to confuse you. I did not quote your comment so my response was addressing the original OP - JCJ757S and his profile that has Eureka, Missouri listed.

But I stand by my comment that insurance rates will very by state and I will add by country also. Mine covers me in Canada as it is written but NOT MEXICO.

SAFE TRAVELS and let's hope few will ever need to make a claim.

2017 Montana HC 353RL - Sailun S637's, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC 6.7L SRW LB, B&W Companion OEM puck mt.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:59 PM   #25
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have had Allstate for over 50 years and nothing but good experiences with them. A few years ago I had an umbrella policy and asked if I really needed it. My agent checked my coverage over and advised me to cancel it.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 02:23 PM   #26
JCJ757S
Established Member

M.O.C. #26483
Thanks all. We appreciate it. Got a quote with progressive through Good Sam. Found out our original Good Sam policy wasn't valid. Even after paying for it. My big thing is this. Where we live in Misery, I mean Missouri, we've just been hit with tornado after tornado after tornado. Someone I like to think my beautiful mother-in-law who passed away in December of 2022 unexpectedly and way too young is watching over us. When we find out that the policy that we have isn't even correct. And then we get another policy written through progressive, only to get it canceled a couple days later because they don't like the bank account that is being run through. WTF?!

All of this has left a bad taste in my mouth and originally we had planned to travel with the RV. But because of our parents hanging up with health issues and myself ending up with a major health issue. I can't stay too far away from my doctors I literally just want to build a house in a cave somewhere out in the woods. It's been so depressing and so upsetting pain about the same amount of money as I did in an apartment to live in this RV after our pad rental ($575) and electricity every month.

Our electric has been over $250 a month, more than it was in a two bedroom apartment. And I literally have all the lights off all the time.

Anyways back to the insurance thing they want a credit card. We don't carry credit cards we have our bank card which is attached to our bank account they said that wouldn't be acceptable for automatic drafted payments so that's why they dropped our policy. Just found this out the other day. That was even after getting cards in the mail from progressive with our policy number on them.
JCJ757S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:39 PM   #27
Jack$0722

M.O.C. #31701
State Farm is great! And reasonable
Jack$0722 is offline   Reply With Quote