Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Did I miss anything

Just got confirmation from Keystone of my order for a Montana 3750FL:
Moving to Montana Package, Hickory Edition, Hi-Gloss, King Bed, 3 Fantastic Vent Fans, 30” OTR Convection Micro, 4 Door Ref, Central Vac, Fireplace, 2nd AC, Outside Entertainment System, 6 Point Leveling, Gen Prep, Swap L Sofa for another Air Bed Sofa, Dual Pane Windows, Trying for G Rated Tires, HDMI Cables to all TV Locations from the Entertainment Center. I did delete the More/Ride Hitch Pin as I have already pulled one with it and another without and the trailer pulled better with my truck without. The hitch pin also does not clear my BAK G2 Cover.
I have been reading this forum for a while and I wish to thank you for your information assisting me in this decision.
Also anyone been on a plant tour, as I am planning to be there as it goes through the line. Any suggestions on places to stay or eat.
Thanks again.

kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like a fun rig, hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. We were just there for the rally. I'm sure others will have great places we didn't even try. We ate at Peterson's Steak and Seafood, Il Forno, Lux Cafe (about 3 times), South Side Soda shop (you have to experience this at least once), The Blue Gate Restaurant in Shipshewana and another Amish place about half way to Shipshewana I can't recall the name of. All of these places were good at the very least. As you can tell we like to eat. I used Urbanspoon.com to find them (when I don't have my computer with me I have an app from it on my IPhone. We stayed in our Monty so I don't know about lodging. There did seem to be several motels nearby.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
Sounds pretty good , however you may want to rethink the King bed, many decide to after they have one to remove it in favor of a queen. As far as the G rated tires are concerned it would be a deal breaker for me if the dealer wouldn't deliver the trailer with them. Congratulations on the new rig..Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
As you can tell by reading this forum, "Everybody has an opinion." While many have elected to convert to a queen we wouldn't be without our king size bed. Jim
Old 11-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Slide Awnings ???????
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Two 12 volt batteries. I do not boon dock but still like the two batteries. Some times while traveling we stop overnight at a store parking lots or a road side rest.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #7
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations on your new Montana! Our new "queen" mattress is being delivered today...cut down the bed platform a couple of days ago.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:12 AM   #8
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Slide Awnings ???????
I called this morning to have them added. Thanks PSFORD99.

As far as the King Bed goes; if the issue is to increase space in the bedroom the bedroom in this model is in the rear with 2 slides. There is all kinds of room and the bath and laundry is in a separate room adjacent with plenty of space. Now on the other hand if you just want to be closer to DW/DH I can completely understand.

Keystone doesn't have an option to install a second battery but I will do it myself if I find it necessary.

Thanks for your valuable input.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Other models (including our previous 3400) when provided with a king size bed do not have a lot of room on one side to make the bed. The 3750 is different in that there is access to both sides of the bed. We have the king bed and have to report that it works perfect in this model. One thing I will strongly suggest that you consider adding is some type of surge protection or better yet an Electrical Monitoring System (we have the Progressive Industries hard-wired model with remote readout). I installed it and put the readout inside of the coat closet which worked well. There are several electrical features that can be expensive to replace as a result of low or high park voltage, etc, including the air conditioner, lcd televisions, microwave, etc. Depending on your camping habits we also have a set of Splendide stackables that were transferred from the previous rig to the 3750. Camping with three women (two of near teenage years) resulted in that addition being a necessity, not a luxury. The first modification I did was to replace the kitchen faucet, I never left the OEM model in the previous rig either. We had to replace the faucet to allow for the installation of a quick connect to facilitate the addition of an apartment sized portable dishwasher (this is the only rig as far as I know that can accommodate one??). As you use your rig more and more, your wish list will grow for a year or so until you have everything you need in your home on wheels. Good luck and we look forward to your posts on your experiences!! Oh, and congrats on the choice of a model that for some reason is very appealing to me
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
This model accommodates the king bed very well. You lose the night stand ledges, but you may want to ask Keystone to put them in. Take a look at a queen and king unit and judge for yourself.

Double check both of your air bed mattresses to make sure that they are the right size. Many of us had the wrong size mattress and had to have them replaced. Also, air them up to make sure there are no leaks and that the mattresses fully deflate. I had one that did not fully deflate, which was also replaced.

If you have pets, we had screen protectors put on our doors so the dogs could not tear the screens. Also, we had insect screens put on all of the outside vents.

If you don't mind, while you are there, would you ask Keystone if they would install the Outside Entertainment System in 3750FL's without this option and how much would it cost?

Joe
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Joe

If you don't mind, while you are there, would you ask Keystone if they would install the Outside Entertainment System in 3750FL's without this option and how much would it cost?

Joe
Second that!!!

Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #12
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv[br
One thing I will strongly suggest that you consider adding is some type of surge protection or better yet an Electrical Monitoring System (we have the Progressive Industries hard-wired model with remote readout.

Will have the winter to work on this. I probably will drop you a PM or two of you don't mind

Depending on your camping habits we also have a set of Splendide stackables that were transferred from the previous rig to the 3750

I'm going to wait until the complaining gets unbearable.

The first modification I did was to replace the kitchen faucet, I never left the OEM model in the previous rig either. We had to replace the faucet to allow for the installation of a quick connect to facilitate the addition of an apartment sized portable dishwasher (this is the only rig as far as I know that can accommodate one??).

Never thought of that, hope DW doesn't read this forum.

Oh, and congrats on the choice of a model that for some reason is very appealing to me

Thanks and I'll make a note to ask about the outside entertainment center for you and Joe.

Bingo
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #13
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Joe

This model accommodates the king bed very well. You lose the night stand ledges, but you may want to ask Keystone to put them in. Take a look at a queen and king unit and judge for yourself.

Was hoping they didn't have them (night stands). I have a wood shop where I make cabinets and would like to put my own touch on them.

Double check both of your air bed mattresses to make sure that they are the right size. Many of us had the wrong size mattress and had to have them replaced. Also, air them up to make sure there are no leaks and that the mattresses fully deflate. I had one that did not fully deflate, which was also replaced.

I'm sure as soon as it arrives the grandkids will pester me until we have a sleepover in the driveway.

If you have pets, we had screen protectors put on our doors so the dogs could not tear the screens. Also, we had insect screens put on all of the outside vents.

GOOD POINTS

Mental and written note has been made.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

Joe
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #14
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
When I bought my 3580RL in April this year the dealer installed the second 12 volt battery at no charge to me. They put it in a second box and hooked it to the air vent tube. It looks factory installed.

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
That is a good thing about your vendor Frank, they automatically install a second battery in all the Montana's they sell. I got one when I bought there six years ago and everyone I know who has purchased a Montana in the last six months got a second battery too. There is a lot to be said for a good dealer and Folsom Lake RV is one of the better ones.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kab449

Just got confirmation from Keystone of my order for a Montana 3750FL:
Trying for G Rated Tires, HDMI Cables to all TV Locations from the Entertainment Center.
Hi,

We're putting our order together right now too. Did they agree to swap the tires at the factory level?? Also, did the factory agree to run the cables?

Thanks very much!

Greg
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote