Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
LED light replacements

I am attending the RV Rally next week in Redmond Oregon and hope to replace some of my lights in the Montana with LED lights.

What are the things I need to look for in buying replacement LED lights? Any brands you would recommend I get or avoid? Other tricks you have learned to help me in this purchase. These will be my first LED lights.

Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I have been shopping for LEDs for a while. Not all LEDs are equal. The diodes are of different qualities. For me, the learning curve is difficult because terminology is not a part of my routine vocabulary. I have found my best learning aid is calling suppliers and telling them what I want the LED to do, what kind of light I want, cool white or warm white, etc. I decided that warm white (light the same color as a incandescent bulb was what I wanted.

Michael Taylor (snfexpress), one of our members, may be helpful to you. Send him a private Message or an email.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote