Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer

Did you have any claims against your warranty or extended warranty besides the wiring problem?
The Meltdown was in the first six months and under keystone warranty.
we spent four days at the service center in Goshen were they replaced everything that might have been effected by the surge. We also had repairs done at a Keystone dealer in Quartz site at the time of the melt down.. Keystone wrote a blank check and said..get them on the road....they did.

We had three holding tanks replaced under the extended warranty.

The first black tank was done at a local dealer who did not install it properly and it leaked again at the input (improper angle)

Last year we had both the black tank and a leaking grey tank replaced by D&T RV repair in Goshen recommended by the service center and right in back of the Montana plant. These guys repair scores of Rv, all brands every year and are experts. They also added cross bracing on the tanks.

We had no other OEM warranty claims or Extended warranty claims although replacing the three holding tanks more than paid the 7 year premium.

Oh.. we had a bolt on the shackle come loose causing the rear axles to shift while on the road. That was my fault as we never did the recommended maint on the bolt torque. A Montana Dealer in Michigan got us on the road. The bill was 185.00 and cost me 50.00.

That happened in August and in September we had the Mor Ryde IS system installed.

Also Lippert noticed a leaking hydraulic fitting at the fall rally and replaced it..no charge..

My total out of pocket expenses for failures under Extended warranty was 200.00.. Total cost of Repairs was $2,000. Cost of 7 year Extended Warranty was 1047.00..Still have 3 years.left.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #22
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Our 3475RL--a 2006 has held up very well for 5 years of towing. It includes a trip to Alaska as well as a yearly trip of 3-4 months. Yes, upgrades like wet-bolts and king pin have improved the basic structure. New units sure look nice but after 5 years of good maintenance and upgrades as well as paid off unit--I will keep mine. I don't know anyone who bought an RV to make money on the trade in! We will keep heading down the road!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote