Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #41
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
So after reading all of your posts i went out and shut the black tank values. I originally opened all four (4) to see why the gray tank on bath 1 was 2/3 full. Now that i am home and tanks are empty. I am going to label the two pulls that are not marked for Black and Gray or BOTH depending on what i find after running water and/or flushing toilets.

My gray tank read empty after i closed the valves and disconnected the sewer hoses (as well it should) but when connected it never wanted to leave the 2/3 full. OH WELL at least i know.
If i even were to mention the critter idea the wife would FREAK! She will not be reading this thread LOL.

arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #42
mopar1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8805
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arcateq

If i even were to mention the critter idea the wife would FREAK! She will not be reading this thread LOL.
Same here!
mopar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #43
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
arcateq-- If I were you I would also leave at least one of the gray tanks closed. I leave both of ours closed until they are relatively full. When I dump the black tank, I use the gray tanks to flush the flexible sewer line running from the rig to the city sewer. We have the tank flush on the black tank and I flush it several times then close the black tank and open the gray tank valve that I haven't dumped yet to wash out the outside hose before disconnecting it upon leaving!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #44
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

"I looked one over at our Northeast spring rally and I recall that the wheels were a six bolt pattern not eight. I think they cut back on axle capacity to go along with the other weight reductions. Not sure if the frame is lighter? I didn't like the idea of less axle and tire capacity.'

No it has the 8 bolt pattern. The 343RL with a GVWR of 12,410 may have 6 K axles and that would be well within limits. It also has Load range E tires also within limits of that weight range.
They do not offer the bigger fridge. IMO it is a good attempt at a lighter 5th wheel that can be pulled with a 3/4 ton truck.. We also do not care for the lighter cabinetry.
The 343 we walked through in Rockport had the larger two door frig. It also had the ugly two-tone cabinets so must have been an older model.
PackersBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:13 AM   #45
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kingdaddy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by arcateq

Wheels on ours are the 8 bolt pattern with the E's. Feel free to ask any questions.
Are you sure about the 8 lug wheels? The reason I ask is because the few I've seen up close have 6 lugs. Wondering if they used two different axles/hubs on these trailers? Here is a link to a 333DB High Country that shows 6 lug wheels.
http://www.asrvcenter.com/Showroom/t...-Keystone.aspx
Interesting to note that the description also describes things that are not on the High Country (Corian, MorRyde suspension etc.) Fairly common from the ads I've seen...I think they just use a generic Montana description.
Mor-Ryde is not on the HC's but a sales rep told us they could install it for us (remove it from our 3400 and install on HC)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #46
PackersBackers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8100
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

I would recommend a sliding hitch. As you can see from my signature, we have the Pullrite Superglide 16k. Mine works great and I never have to remember to pull any levers to actuate the slide function. I love it! If there is any possible drawback it would be hitching/unhitching past the 16 degree angle. I have yet to encounter a situation where this was an issue. Even if this occurred, I would just have to pull 4 pins and I could resolve the angle issue. The good FAR outweighs the "bad" for this hitch.
We have a 2009 3400RL, purchased new in 2008. My husband was going to go with the cheaper hitch but I (somehow) talked him into the Superglide. He LOVES it now, and so do I, since I would have had to be the lever puller.