Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Flag Pole and Flag for Q

We have been wanting to get a flag pole and flag for our new rig. Our old rig did not have a ladder so we had to get a little more creative. Now we have a ladder someone suggested Flag Pole Buddy (website of same name with .com at the end). I noticed in the pictures from past Q Rallies that many of you have flags flying. What system are you using and did you get it at the Q?

I have been trying to find out what vendors would be at the RV show but I can't find a listing.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Carol,
Last year was our first. Trust me, you'll have more vendors to choose from than you can imagine!

Ken
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Ken is right, wait till Quartzsite. You can look around and see what others have then head to town, they'll have what you want there
Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Good to know! We were planning on waiting but we were wondering what everyone has so we know what to watch for. Thanks for the super fast input.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Went to Lowe's and got 2, 10 ft sections of round fencing and a connector. Rigged up an attachment for my flag and I attach it to the ladder with a bungee cord. If it cost me $10 bucks I'd be surprised. Oh I did cut the poles to fit crosswise in the basement. My flag is not the usual 3x5, it is the regular size, something like 5x8 or so, and it's a Texas flag of course. You'll find lots of poles and setups but most cost $100 or better.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
That is a good idea too. I am excited to be going to the RV show! I am sure there are going to be lots of things I truly 'NEED'

Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brenkco

Carol,
Last year was our first. Trust me, you'll have more vendors to choose from than you can imagine!

Ken
X2
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

We have been wanting to get a flag pole and flag for our new rig. Our old rig did not have a ladder so we had to get a little more creative. Now we have a ladder someone suggested Flag Pole Buddy (website of same name with .com at the end). I noticed in the pictures from past Q Rallies that many of you have flags flying. What system are you using and did you get it at the Q?

I have been trying to find out what vendors would be at the RV show but I can't find a listing.
Carol,

We have the 22' flagpole buddy and love it. Our flags (USA and Gadsden) fly high and proud 24/7. We have had winds up 40 to 50 mph and the pole just flexs with the wind. Anything over that I take it down.

I am sure you will find whatever you are looking for at the show.

Good Luck,

Les

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Carol, I will bring a bunch of flagpoles, you can look at them, fiberglass collapasible 12' to 22'. I made some flag-pole holders for the ladder rack also. It looks a little like the F.P.B. but I made them out of PVC. Montana owners discount!
Ozz
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Ohhhh...shopping right at the circle! I can't wait!!! Thanks Ozz!!! I don't think this trip could get any better! I am going to have my stove modified by the Wagonmaster himself (I am super honored), I get to meet some wonderful people, AND now I don't even have to leave the circle to shop!!! Can't beat that with a stick (or should I say flagpole?!)! See you all at the Q!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I just got off the phone with Flagpole buddy and they will be in the big tent, and they stand behind their products. I broke a pole in Booth Bay Maine two years ago and they sent me a new one and a replacement solar globe light for the top. That globe is acting up now and they said to just bring it to Q and they will swap it out. Good people.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

I just got off the phone with Flagpole buddy and they will be in the big tent, and they stand behind their products. I broke a pole in Booth Bay Maine two years ago and they sent me a new one and a replacement solar globe light for the top. That globe is acting up now and they said to just bring it to Q and they will swap it out. Good people.
Dave, our first year here 4 years ago, Bob found them "outside" the Big Tent, in a vendor site "before" they moved into the Big Tent for the RV week. So Flag Pole Buddy might be found earlier. (Big Tent is FULL of vendors the RV week. They change weekly depending on the "focus"...rocks, old cars....RVs...)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #13
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Oh that is good to know mynabird! I didn't know that there could be RV stuff outside the RV tent before the big show. I think we are planning on meandering through the Q on the 18th so it will be fun to explore! My son really wants to find some dinosaur bones and rocks!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
tell him there may be a bunch of dinosaur bones all around the circle.
Closed Thread