Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Doran Pressure Pro Tire Monitor System

Today was my first chance to use the Doran tire pressure monitor system. I had the tire pressure set to 80 psi(cold). It was partly cloudy and the temp was about 75 deg. As we proceeded, I checked the monitor stepping through each tire and seeing the pressure in each tire going up. About 100 miles into the trip just the right rear trailer tire light began to flash - no alarm, just the flashing light. I stepped to that tire on the monitor and saw three dashes, no pressure shown. I stopped and checked the tires. All tires were equally inflated. The other tire pressures were at or below 90 psi. I let out some air in the suspect tire and re-checked the monitor. It was now showing 90 psi. Later, it happened to two other trailer tires.

I know that the first alarm goes off at a 12% decease in tire pressure. My question is will the system alarm with a 12% increase in tire pressure? Also, if my tires(Mission) are rated at at 80 psi, should I lower the pressure closer to 80 psi or ignore it?

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Don,this is the reason I went to the PressurePro system. I originally order and used the Doran system and had the same problem, occasionally the monitor would show I lost a sensor. I called Doran and they told me I probably would need aTire Pressure Monitoring System Booster. I really didn't want to put more money into the system. I finally realized Doran was the original distributor for the PressurePro and that is what I thought I was getting. Doran created their own system and dropped the distribution of the PressurePro,I than sent the Doran back and asked for a refund which I had no problem with. I than order the original PressurePro through Mike and Pat and have been very happy since.
Doran is made in China and the PressurePro is made in the USA.
I set my system when cold and yes,depending on the weather my tires will gain pressure but when cooled down they will go back to set pressure.I don't re adjust when they gain a few lbs.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Don, watch letting the air out when the tires are hot. When they cool down, they will then be below the 80psi cold inflation psi. That is why you always inflate to 80psi when cold!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Doran was a company that sold the pressure pro system..They had a falling out and Doran no longer sells the system. Pressuer pro is the name of the system....As Jack says..check which system you have..If you purchased from Doran recently you do not have the pressure pro system.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #5
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DONnANNIE

About 100 miles into the trip just the right rear trailer tire light began to flash - no alarm, just the flashing light. I stepped to that tire on the monitor and saw three dashes, no pressure shown.

Don,
What you are describing is the monitor lost contact with the sensor. The Pressure Pro book says that if the alarm were to go off the monitor would re-find the sensor because it is a continuous signal rather than the 5 second signal that the sensor usually sends. If the sensor is on a back tire you could try moving it to a front tire. The other thing to try is reposition the monitor in the truck.

I had a sensor that would do this frequently and stay lost for hours. I moved the monitor to the sun visor and haven't had it reoccur.

Grant

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BirdingRVer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DONnANNIE

About 100 miles into the trip just the right rear trailer tire light began to flash - no alarm, just the flashing light. I stepped to that tire on the monitor and saw three dashes, no pressure shown.

Don,
What you are describing is the monitor lost contact with the sensor. The Pressure Pro book says that if the alarm were to go off the monitor would re-find the sensor because it is a continuous signal rather than the 5 second signal that the sensor usually sends. If the sensor is on a back tire you could try moving it to a front tire. The other thing to try is reposition the monitor in the truck.

I had a sensor that would do this frequently and stay lost for hours. I moved the monitor to the sun visor and haven't had it reoccur.

Grant

Must remember,he has the Doran RV 360 not the PressurePro system.
Jack
Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
I actually bought the Pressure Pro last summer, but things changed and we never did do any travel until just recently. So I do have the original Pressure Pro.

Thanks for all the responses. We'll see how it works on our trip back home.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We did mount our monitor so that the antenna is above the dashboard.At first we did mount it lower and did lose signal.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Ditto on what Rich just said!
Jack
Old 06-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We have our monitor clipped to the sun visor too. Works for us.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
UPDATE - I made it home without any loss of signal.

Thanks for the tip on raising the monitor antenna.