Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
bowill4
Established Member

M.O.C. #8111
W/D drain

I hope some one can help me
Has anyone repiped their w/d drain from black tank to gray tank
any help would be appreciated.

bowill4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Ours goes directly into the main line, bypassing both the grey and black tanks. The W/D will fill any of those tanks up very quickly.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
You do not mention what year Monty you have. Our 07 goes directly to the drain too. I suggest you cap the part going to the holding tank and run your directly to the drain. Ann and I have a process now. If the W/D is unplugged it is not to be used until the sewer is hooked up or checked. When I hook up the sewer and open the master drain I plug in the W/D.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
bowill4, here is my fix:

The reason that I re-plumbed the drain is all the problems you have with the black tank because you have it open all the time when using the washer, and not having enough water in the tank when using the bathroom.

As Carol say’s Water, Water, Water, and repeat!!!!!

Ok for all of you that have the 3400RL with the washer drain that goes into the black tank I have a fix if you’re ready to drop the panels and fix the problem with the poor engineering design from keystone.

First you will have to cut the drain line as it enters the black tank vent pipe, leaving about an inch on the vent pipe to allow you to glue a dead end cap on it.

Next you will have to cut wood next to drain pipe to allow it to turn far enough to clear vent pipe then using a 45 degree fitting, and straight pipe to a 90 degree fitting with a straight section down through floor to another 90 degree fitting then a straight piece to a 45 degree fitting, then a straight section into a 3 fitting with a end down to a 1.50 fitting.

As you can see there is no insulation in the section where the holding tanks are located, and the heat line into the belly is on the aft side of the tanks.

Beware even after doing this to always open the drain before using the washer, if you don’t it will not be able to vent, and will overflow into the washer and dryer closet!!!

Ok it’s time to have fun, and remember this will make the DW very happy!!!

Fix:

The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
You can get a "shared" valve that twists on where your sewer pipe cap goes and then you can open any valve to whatever tank you want the washer water to go to. They also make one that you can cut the sewer pipe off and mount (glue) a valve on permanently. The one we have is made by Valterra and are available at most camping supply stores. Work great if you boondock also.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
This is interesting, I have been behind the basement wall for the last few days and I just noticed that my W/D drain ties in just below the shower drain riser and dumps directly into the grey-water tank that serves the bathroom sink as well.

It seems that Keystone can't decide where the proper place to dump the W/D waste water should be. Some go the black tank, some to one of the grey tanks, and some bypass the tanks altogether. What gives?!

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote