Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
WorkerB
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8202
Climate Control Switch

I’m getting the Monte ready for travel and I found the Climate Control Switch on the Dometic refrigerator. I said to myself………Self? What the heck does that switch do exactly? I got on the MOC and searched Climate Control and didn’t get a hit specific to the fridge. I dug out the user manual and discovered that during hot, humid, weather; water droplets may form on the metal frame between the freezer and fresh food compartments. Turning on the climate control switch will evaporate those water droplets. Now for the NUGGET!
At the end of the paragraph NOTE: The climate control will draw 12 Volts DC power continuously when in the ON position, it should be turned OFF when a charging source is not available.
Hmmm …….. A 12-Volt heater turned on 24/7? Gotta help the batteries last longer if you turn it off!
Hope someone else finds this information as useful as I did.
John

WorkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good info. On our last rig, I had a constant drain on the battery that I could never find. That might have been it. The Norcold doesn't have that switch as far as I can tell.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WorkerB

I’m getting the Monte ready for travel and I found the Climate Control Switch on the Dometic refrigerator. I said to myself………Self? What the heck does that switch do exactly? I got on the MOC and searched Climate Control and didn’t get a hit specific to the fridge. I dug out the user manual and discovered that during hot, humid, weather; water droplets may form on the metal frame between the freezer and fresh food compartments. Turning on the climate control switch will evaporate those water droplets. Now for the NUGGET!
At the end of the paragraph NOTE: The climate control will draw 12 Volts DC power continuously when in the ON position, it should be turned OFF when a charging source is not available.
Hmmm …….. A 12-Volt heater turned on 24/7? Gotta help the batteries last longer if you turn it off!
Hope someone else finds this information as useful as I did.
John
Yes it does draw 12VDC and I believe it turns on the light and that is how it warms up the area. I had a problem the door switch would not turn off the lamp. I found the wiring circuit to the climate control switch. So all the trouble shooting to replace the bad switch did not fix the problem but turning off climate control did. LOL
Good luck and thanks for the info.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote