Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Stained glass window for camper door.

Where do you get the stained glass window for the door. Want to get one for DW birthday.
Thanks,
Dick

rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
You can find one source here: http://tinyurl.com/69ssqy
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
There is a Montana that just pulled into the campground. They have a stained glass. Once they get set up and have a few minutes to gather their thoughts, I'm heading over to see who they are. I'll see what I can find out about the stained glass in their door.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Dick, I got Patti a leaded glass window for the door at www.rvupgrades.com. I know you were asking about the stained glass window, but I just wanted to give you an alternate idea. If I knew how to send you a photo I would, but, sorry!

PS, The diamond Crafter EE 100 looks just like ours. I looked at the other reply from Mikem after I posted.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
William O. Phillips
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8088
I know it's not exactly stained glass.....we bought the static sticker pattern at our local Home Depot. Measure, cut and apply. Comes off to clean and is very lightweight......looks like stained glass.....from a distance and blocks seeing through the window. We bought outs a couple of years ago. They had many different patterns to choose from.

Bill
William O. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dick,

Lots of people get them while in southern Arizona. They go across the border at Algodones, Mexico where they cost about $30.

There are lots of places to buy them here in the states, but they are a bit pricey. Good luck finding just the right one.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Has anyone put one of these lead glass windows in themselves?
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
cdaniels, I have not installed my leaded glass window myself, but if you have the silicone and a square bit screw driver, it didn't look that difficult.
Just make sure those little tabs that hold up the window are not broken off. If they are, turn the frame upside down and use plenty of the silicone sealer.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We got ours in Algodones, Mexico.. We paid $65.00 because we wanted the one with leaded glass. It is beautiful and Bill and I put it in ourselves.. It was easy but does take two people to do it.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Taking out the original window is very easy and putting in another piece of whatever-you-want is very easy. Ten/fifteen minutes of work. It depends upon how many people are watching you or how many beers you have had. Plus, it's best to have another pair of hands on the opposite side of the window while taking out or putting in the screws.

We really like the looks of a stained glass window but have replaced our original window with a plexiglass tinted window.

We don't have any windows to speak of on that side of the Montana that allow us to see who is knocking at the door. So now we can see out but the tint gives us some privacy and protection from the sun.

For nighttime, I have put up two small sticky-backed pieces of velcro on the inside of the screen door and I have a small towel that I sewed two pieces of velcro to. I match up the velcro pieces & hang the towel from there (only when extra privacy is wanted). It's easy to move the towel aside to look out if needed and it gives us complete privacy. The towel is easily washed if needed.

What I would do different (and will get around to soon) is replace the plexiglass with tinted polycarbonate as it's less prone to warping and so much stronger in terms of security.

Margee

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dick, We got ours from Sharon & Joe Maw, 224 Rainbow Dr. #12494, Livingston, TX 77399, cell 352-457-6789, E-mail gypsyhilton@hotmail.com. They do custom windows also but usually have quite a few on hand for sale. They are not cheap but we really like ours. They are 1000 trails members and SKP's and they are usually in one of those parks somewhere. We found them in San Diego and they even installed it for us. Has bee fine since. You can see a little of ours in our sig....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
We bought ours from Kathy at:

www.rvstainedglass.com
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote