Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Leaking kitchen faucet

Well, yesterday I put the 2003 3295RK under water pressure and it did fine until I tried turning on the water at the kitchen sink, and, well, you read the subject header. The couple from whom we are buying the unit said bring them the bill and they would take care of it, so I called a man who used to work on my parents’ Holiday Rambler and he came out and fixed it, replacing the faucet with a Moen which works beautifully. I was shocked, however, at the flimsy nature of the factory faucet, especially the thin plastic that broke inside of it. The sink had a good look, but it obviously was not made to last.

Everything else looks good so far; hopefully, we will scope out the rest of the systems this weekend when we take it on its first trip.

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Am I the only one who has had to replace sink faucets in their stick house? I have had to do that twice in the 15 years that I have lived in it. As well, I have had to replace the builder quality lavatory faucets in the three lavatories.

My unit is also a 2003 unit and I had to replace the garden tub faucet because it had developed a leak. JD, I believe you said that your rig had been lightly used meaning there may have been long periods of inactivity particularly as the former owners moved toward a decision to sell. In talking to a plumber (non-RV guy) he said that non use will allow the seals and gaskets in faucets to dry and become brittle whether they are in a stick house or an RV.

I agree that Keystone might have used better quality fixtures, but that would not necessarily guarantee freedom from trouble.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote