Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
kozzy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18144
New RAM or new Chevy

As the title suggests, I am looking at a new truck and am trying to decide between the new ram and new Chevy. Ford guys, dont bother trying to change my mind..will never happen...also dont want to turn this into a " this is better than that " post lol Anyways, I have always had RAM Cummins diesels, love them, love the one I have, but im looking for something new. I currently have a 3500, but the numbers on the new 2500 for both brands will pull my monty. Id since it is my daily driver, i like the softer suspension as well. Looking into the RAM, I currently have the HO engine with the HD Cummins. When I go to the 2500, I have to get the SO cummins and the standard tranny. They chevy will have the Duramax and the 10 speed Allison. The ram has the auto level air ride as an option, nothing like that on the chevy that I can see. Lastly, cummins is the best diesel out there, but Allison is the best tranny. So I am torn. Do I stick with what I know or do I change it up? The 2020 RAM wont be available to order until Feb 2020, Chevy's are available now, not that this matters, cause I can wait if I have to . So please, share your thoughts, I have never owned a Duramax before.
2019 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie CTD 6.7
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote