Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
AVTravler
Established Member

M.O.C. #8993
Change Out Furnace/AC Thermostat

I tried searching for this but found nothing helpful.
I have a 2005 Montana Model 3295. It has the Dometic Remote Thermostat for the furnace/ac unit and works sometimes, other times doesn't work.
Has anyone changed out this thermostat unit with a regular Wall Mounted Heat/AC thermostat? Someone told me this was a very involved job. Any help would be appreciated.

Dick Carter

AVTravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I replaced mine last spring. They will send you a new thermostat and control box that replaces the one that is mounted in the air conditioner, right next to where the filter is. It was not complicated,all wiring matched up. The only question is if Dometic will replace it as a good will gesture. Some they have,others not. I know that after you install it,if it does not work correctly,the Dometic service people will talk you thru any issues. They were very helpful
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
deepskyridge
Established Member

M.O.C. #8711
I changed mine out on my 2005 2955. It was not free, I think it cost $250 or something like that. It was not difficult. The new one works as it should.

Good Luck
Gary
deepskyridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Here is the link to the posting you are looking for http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...archTerms=,ccc
Go to page 6 as the info you're looking for pretty much starts there. Some of us got a free replacement for the remote and others didn't ... I don't have an answer as to what made the difference. For more posts just search in "archives" about "remote thermostat"
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
AVTravler
Established Member

M.O.C. #8993
dieselguy---
Thanks for your link. This info ws quite helpful.

Also, thanks to the other's for your imput.

I will try to see if I can still get the parts and then have my RV tech do the installation.

Dick Carter
AVTravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
emdavis
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4606
when I had the thermostat replaced, I had them install the heat strips. The heat strips don't give a lot of heat, but helps take off the chill when its not cold enough for the furnace. All they charged me was for the heat strips ($70.00) and no labor as they already had the unit apart.
emdavis is offline   Reply With Quote