Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Need information

We have a 2013 3402 Montana big sky/As your may know we have two bad holding tanks...''
Now get this.. the dealer just called and said they they can NOT get the galley tank out because of Mr Ryde Is suspension that we had installed last year. Any one have that problem???

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:23 AM   #2
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Just as a suggestion Rich, I would call Mor/Ryde and ask them for their input on whether the Galley tank is or could be a problem from any of their previous IS customers. Don't understand that one. Keep us in the loop. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I already did that Dennis Talked to Gary Wheeler and told him to call the dealer .The dealer said that we lost 6 to 8 inches of clearance by removing the axles and the IS cross bar is very close to the underbelly. Take a look at yours my galley tank is right over the IS cross bar. I am not a happy camper and we are not done with Mor Ryde.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #4
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Without full understanding about clearances and dimensions (of the tank) as well as were frame cross members are, I can't say anything for certain. What I can say is that the tank can always be cut up to remove, although getting a new one in might be problematic. I really don't understand why your rig can't be jacked up and (if needed) a cross bar unbolted, or worst case, cut and rewelded. This whole thing makes no sense to me.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The cross bars are welded, not bolted. On ours they had to reroute the drain line when we went to IS, didn't think about removing the tank.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Don't know about your model but on my 2014 3725 I can get to my galley tank if needed by removing my rear basement wall I found this out because I had to run all new wiring when I installed my inverter. I had it all apart and looked my tank over and could access everything in that area( drain pipe , vent lines ,etc). not sure if I could remove it without cutting a aluminum cross bar or not it's been a while science I was in there but it may be worth a look.
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
it is the IS system that is causing the problem.. If you do NOT have the Mor Ryde IS system you do not have the problem. they will have to remove the IS system to get the tank out and in. It is welded in. Again if you do not have the Mor Ryde IS system you do not have the problem. This is a serious issue and may be beyond the capabilities of the dealers service dept.

Update E mail from Mor Ryde... The dealer is awaiting instructions From Mor Ryde/Mor Ryde engineering is looking at options.

I am so tired of this Montana.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=2545c...DINJ0OJBN0&v=3

This is the Mor Ryde IS System....If you do not have this you can not have the problem
Old 05-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #9
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
WOW! We were thinking about having the MorRyde IS installed on our Big Sky. May just forget about it. With the luck we have had to this point, I sure don't want to make repairs any more difficult than they already are!
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #10
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Man, I'm really sorry about this new problem. The way you were talking it was a slam dunk on getting this repair. You don't need anymore problems, especially like this one.Mor/ryde can take suspension out probably, but can't install new tank, dealer can put in new tank, but can't be responsible for removing IS and rewelding back in place. What a delema, I feel for you. Not to rub it in, but got my trailer back today with new tank VENTED, STRAPPED and all new brakes for $1435. Only $50 deductible for tank replacement and shipping.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Never heard this many problems on tanks. Please, please take this to the next level! I will help you! It's crazy! Contact me!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Was under our 2012 3402 this afternoon, and it is the same if we go with the IS. I'm just wondering if Mor Ryde can design the cross bar with bolted flanges so the cross bar can be removed for servicing the tank and then re-installed afterward.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mor Ryde as offered to pay for our expenses and do the work gratis if we can take the Montana to the Mor Ryde plant in Elkhart. We have no choice.

IMO the installation of the IS system is going to affect the removal of the galley tank as most of them are in that same area.

BTW there was no problem in having the tanks installed and our extended warranty was there. The problem is how many models will this affect if they have or will install the Mor ryde Is .Mor ryde wants to see the problem'

Has anyone had this problem with tank replacement and the IS system.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:10 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It never ends....The dealer already has the Mor Ryde off.T&C Rv in Clyde, Ohio is the best.."Plan B" We are going over to the dealer 2 1/2 hour ride to take pictures for Mor Ryde They are very concerned and to get a number as to how many additional hours labor this will cost. Mor Ryde is being very generous. BTW the Is system IS bolted on a stitch welded in addition, Mr Ryde says the stitch weld is NOT required but they do it as a addition; support. They said Mor Ryde does not stitch weld the DRV units but they have much sturdier frame. Mor Ryde also want us to come to the factory when we can so they can find a solution to the problem.

What mystifies them and us is that they have never heard of this problem but the service guy at the dealership says there is no way you can replace a galley tank or any tank that is over the IS system. I wonder if this is a Case of a owner having the problem and correcting it themselves and never letting Mor ryde know.

More .Both tanks black and galley split at the input.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #15
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Good Luck Rich on this issue. You are tenacious and will no doubt get it resolved.

If folks don't have IS they really can't help you other than speculate I guess. I really believe MorRyde will stand by this. Can they send a tech to the dealer in Clyde? It looks to be a 3 hr drive?? Just a remote possibility.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:46 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mor Ryde is being very helpful and in contact with the dealership to help them out.