Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Montana_4025

M.O.C. #4025
Montana 3500RL

My wife and I currently have a 31' TT, but have been looking at 5th wheels. We decided on the Keystone Everest 364Q, but it seems they've discontinued the oak cabinetry and--based on pictures we've seen--we're too wild about the new stuff. We looked at the Montana 3500RL yesterday and are now thinking of getting that unit. The Everest does have some amenities that I hate to give up, such as water, electric, phone and cable connections, dump handles, and exterior shower all being enclosed behind one access panel. I'm surprised Keystone does not incorporate some of these into the Montana. Does anyone know why the Montana now has double doors for access to the storage area on the left side? Any advice or comments on the Montana, particularly the 3500RL, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jack

Montana_4025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the MOC. I do believe that the double doors is because there is a slide out above them so the double doors makes getting into the storage compartment easier for you. I think the 3500RL is becoming a very popular unit. Good luck in finding the unit that will fit your needs. This forum will be a lot of help to you, all you have to do is ask the questions.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
JACK, WE SPENT 2 DAYS AT THE TAMPA RV SHOW TWO YEARS AGO COMPARING ALL THE FIFTH WHEELS, AND WE'RE GLAD WE DID. WE ORDRED OUR MONTANA 3400, RECIEVED IT IN JUNE OF '04 AND HAVE BEEN LIVING IN IT FULL TIME SINCE. AS FOR THE CONNECTIONS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT BEHIND ONE ACCESS DOOR THEY ARE STILL EASY TO GET TO AND OPERATE. THE NEWER MODELS HAVE A SPLIT BASEMENT DOOR ON THE LEFT OF THE UNIT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIFT AND BRACE THE DOOR TO GET OT THE BASEMENT. THIS IS ONE MODIFICATION I'M LOOKING INTO. YOU MAY WANT TO GO BACK AND COMPARE THE MONTANA TO THE OTHER UNITS AVAILABLE, WHAT EVER YOU DECIDE ON HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND MAYBE WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD.......
Montana_1574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Jack welcome to the forum. The 3400 floor plan is very good model. Thanks for sharing with us. What ever model you pick good luck.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jack,
The 3500RL is a great coach, my second choice at the current moment after the 3400RL. You are in luck as for 2006 Keystone is making the central docking station a standard on the Montana line up. It has all the dump valves, water hook ups and everything right there in one location. I also think if you really look into the construction of the Montana you will find many features and options that are not offered on the Everest. Do a search on Comparing Montana and Everst, there are some great facts posted in that file. Welcome to the MOC and I hope you are able to find a coach that is just perfect to what your looking for.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:59 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome. Only you can decide what is the best rig for you. As for me, I am a pragmatist. I am more concerned about function than cosmetics. This not to say that I don't appreciate art and beauty, rather I have come to realize that in RV's everything is a trade-off. You basically have a 400 square foot pie to slice and dice and arrange the way you want it.

So set your priorities and fill your desires with the best unit for the buck you can find. Then be happy with your choice. I have, to date, not regretted investing in my Montana. Happy RVing...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, and congratulations! The Everest is a very nice model but I think when you get to know the Montana you'll be glad you made this choice. The Everest spends more of its budget on amenities (per Keystone execs) while Montana spends more on build quality and little things not easily visible, like attic vents to vent moisture (not available in the Everest). Both have the same budget.

Enjoy the new Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote