Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by timandsusan

After installing a awning lock according to the instructions and successfully having it lock into the drilled hole, I am having awning problems. I don't think they are related to the awning lock. Here is the problem, facing the awning, the right leg of the awning will not fold up correctly to allow the inner stablizer arm to fit into the outer awning support leg. The left awning stablizer and support nest together as designed. This started to happen after we had the awning extended for several days at the Rally. Several people offerred solutions like centering the awning on the roller--it worked better when it was not centered. I was able to get the awning stored but don't feel like I corrected the problem. Are there any instructions for adjusting the awning for correct storage.
Since it works better when not center try making it even more off center. I have to pull my awing all the way to the end on the edge closest to the front to get the rods to line up.

Hope this helps.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote