Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Tell me it isn't true?

Is it true that when things happen, they sometimes happen in 3'S?

This day didn’t go the way I planned for it to go. Sometimes I guess that can happen. I was being a nice guy today and took a look at the D/W’s hummer in my man cave garage to do some personal requested maintenance for her. She wanted the tires rotated and the air pressure checked. I got everything taken care of ok but when I lifted the front wheel with the jack the tire moved in a way I didn’t want to see. Upon closer examination the tire looked as though it was leaning out at the bottom. I figured at this point it needed a real mechanic to look at it. I took it to our local service center about 4 miles away. The mechanic was later showing me just how bad it was. They said I shouldn’t drive it at all. It had about 3-4 inches of play at the top of the wheel. That might explain why the D/W thought it needed some air, evidently it wasn’t steering correctly. I thought it acted a little odd myself when I drove it to the garage but really didn't seem too bad. Anyway, it has a bad control arm which requires a replacement. They gave me a courtesy ride back home.

After I got home, I got in the great white (the 1-ton dually) and had some things to do, places to go, people to see, etc... So that became my run-around vehicle for the day. I drove to where the D/W works and got something I needed from the PT Cruiser (which is my usual run-around vehicle) and headed to Wally-World. I pulled in at Wally-World and parked next to the service center. When I opened the door I heard this un-usual gushing of liquid onto the pavement. Not a very pleasant sound to hear at this particular time. I found a broken plastic fitting in part of the coolant hose which had completely broken into. This wasn't something that I could easily fix myself. With the way the hoses were made that wasn't going to happen. This also meant that I wasn’t going to be driving anywhere. Too bad Wally-World’s service Center really isn’t one. It would've been convenient if they actually did work on vehicles.

I called Good Sam once again and made plans to have the great White towed to the Ford garage for repairs in Ashland, KY; only because it’s where I usually take it. After a few calls I called G/S back and changed where I was going to take it to. Without any hassle they agreed to the change. I had it taken to where I took the Hummer which was more convenient for me. Good Sam came through once again and towed it without any hassle; at least it didn’t cost anything out of my pocket.

They gave me another courtesy ride home!

I now have two vehicles waiting for parts in the same service center. I hope it’s not true what they say, that “when things happen it happens in 3’s.”

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!