Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
golf carts and 4wheelers

Good morning everyone! I am reading a post on golf carts and insurance this morn and was wondering about what campground rules are on them and a side by side 4wheeler? Any help will be appreciated!

gkidsdlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Some allow while others don't. I personally have no problem with others using them until they are turned over to kids as some people do.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
In the parks where some or all of the lots are individually owned almost everyone has them. Other parks bar them altogether. Past experience plays a role.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Golf cart have not been a issue in any Rv park we have been in. If they are street legal they need to be licensed if you run them on city streets. Some Rv parks require that Golf carts be registered by the RV park. Four wheelers I don't know . I can't recall any at the park we are at now except for the park maint vehicles.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Some parks do not allow either. But I think you are far more likely to find parks that allow golf carts than allow 4 wheelers.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Our park allows Golf Carts Must show Proof Of Insurance Coverage on Both Rv and Golf Cart
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #7
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We haven't been to a ton of different parks, but the ones we have visited I have not observed any 4 wheeler ATV units. The park we are in now allows golf carts and they don't ask for any proof of insurance. Park is owned by a local Park District. We have trails through the woods so an ATV would be nice here. Some of us compensated by having lift kits and larger tires installed on our carts to get through the rougher part of some of the trails.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #8
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
We haven't been to a ton of different parks, but the ones we have visited I have not observed any 4 wheeler ATV units. The park we are in now allows golf carts and they don't ask for any proof of insurance. Park is owned by a local Park District. We have trails through the woods so an ATV would be nice here. Some of us compensated by having lift kits and larger tires installed on our carts to get through the rougher part of some of the trails.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #9
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Just my input as I have a post on this subject a while back. I would like to see these carts which are used in the rv parks have an approved handicap sticker or license plate on them. I see no need for everyone to be driving around the park in a golf cart or as in some parks atvs. The only person operating these cart should be the handicap license holder. What happened to a walk with the wife or the dog, or a bike ride?
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well when you are a very senior citizen or have a slight handicap that would not justify a handicap sticker or live in a very large Rv park the Golf cart or other modes of transportation like scooters, etc come in very handy. Since Golf cart of the type used on a golf course are not 'Motor vehicles" and are not required to be Licensed. Now if you make them street legal that is tail, and head lights, turn signals, mirrors, and boost the motor elect or gas to the legal speed allowed on a city street you can have them licensed as we see in "the Villages" in Florida where Golf cart are the major form of transportation. We do see Golf cart with handicap sticker on them. Many Rv parks require them to be insured and I agree with that if for no other reason that they can be expensive. Ours is not street legal in other words it is just a Golf cart and can not be used on a city street but only in the Rv park or on the golf course. we did not have one in our previous Rv park in Florida but the one we are in now Deercreek Rv and golf resort is.....big.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #11
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
One thing we discovered when looking into purchasing a golf cart was the difference in HP. We purchased the regular Yamaha gas with a top speed of 14mph, however you can get ones that top 25mph and are "street legal", which you really don't need in regular RV parks. I am not a fan of anyone requiring me to register my cart, but I would gladly give them proof of my insurance. As far as everyone having a golf cart in RV parks, handicap or not, I could care less because they really don't bother anything. I would much rather have a golf cart driving by my site than some little yappy dog being pulled past by a dog walker that has no idea how to control their pet. JMHO, to each their own.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
[quote]Originally posted by old turbo

Just my input as I have a post on this subject a while back. I would like to see these carts which are used in the rv parks have an approved handicap sticker or license plate on them. I see no need for everyone to be driving around the park in a golf cart or as in some parks atvs. The only person operating these cart should be the handicap license holder. What happened to a walk with the wife or the dog, or a bike ride?

If you would see our Park you would understand the need for A Golf Cart We do walk and ride a Bike their are people in this park that absolutely need a Golf Cart to get around to visit and enjoy the Park amenities their days of Walking and Bike Riding are over!
I am sure that may be in store for all of us down the road
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do have a local Rv park that we camp at that does require that you register your golf cart with the park. They give you a sticker with the park name on it and a registration number. They require that it be insured and that is for the parks benefit as if you run someone down in the park the park can be held responsible. We do have our Cart fully insured just like the car and truck for 130.00 per year. I would bet that 60 or 70 % of the residents in our winter Rv community have a Golf cart and the majority if not all of us are senior citizens or very senior citizens. We both have bikes and ride them most every day at the park but the cart is a big convince.