Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
End of a great NA MOC/Mid-Atlantic-VA Rally

Well, we made it back home safe and I've been able to deleat all the e-mails. The Rally was a huge success with nine units. The weather was beautiful except for rain Sat. AM. It had rained all night and the sun came out Sat. afternoon.

I'm very happy to announce that Bingo and Cathy will take the rally next year. It may be held the first weekend of Aug. to allow for the kids getting back to school. We hope to see many more units. Once they get their feet back on the ground, they will be starting a new
Topic.

Thanks again to Bingo and Cathy for being my co-masters and thanks to Lisa and Bill for all there ideas and help. Thanks to all those who attended and helped out. We wouldn't have had a rally without
you.

In the next few days I'll try to get the pictures I took online.

God Bless, Your 2008 wagon master, Salle Wilson

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And a heart felt thanks to Salle and Lisa for heping to organize a great time for all. We had as great a time at Staunton as we did at Gettysburg and can't wait to schedule more rallies in as time permits, perhaps Goshen next year?? It totally amazes me when we meet the down-to-earth people who we correspond with regularly on the forum. The people are FANTASTIC!!! The food was FANTASTIC, and just like Gettysburg, we really enjoyed the times together at the campfire and the meals, sharing experiences and making new friends. George and Rosetta, Salle and Samuel, Jack and Peg, Joyce and Tom, Dewayne and Shelby, Gunter and Dolores, Bill and Donna, Bill and Lisa, thanks to all of you for making our weekend a memorable one. We are definitely looking forward to the pics, Salle. I will wrap this up with one simple suggestion, if you have never attended a rally, you can only blame yourself for the good times that are being missed. Thanks MOC and thanks to all who helped out. Bless you all!!!
Bingo and Cathy

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We made it back to North Carolina safely. George and I had a fantastic time. We had no idea you could have so much fun in the days we were there. Everyone made us fill so welcome since this was our first Montana Rally. We made some great friends and hope to keep in touch. We all had so much fun the last day that we found ourselves still having a hard time leaving. I am sure we would have liked to be able to stay another day. Thank you Salle for being a great wagon master and thank you Bingo and Cathy (and the girls) for being great co wagon masters and thanks to everyone else that contributed in making the rally a success.
George and Rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
well, we finally made it home about 9:30 this evening. (after unloading and dropping the rig in storage it was midnight before I got home). We had problems with one of our Mission Tires on the way home. It developed a bubble and tread began to seperate. Thank God I saw it while we were stopped to get a bite to eat. Since I was hungry and wanted to eat and didn't feel like bending and crawling around on a full stomach, I decided to put my Good Sam's Emergency Road Service to the test. They Failed!

We were just south east of Petersburg, Va. (which is South of Richmond Va.) It started well, they found a nearby service agent and placed the call within about 30 minutes. Now the primary provider for this area is Travel America out of ASHLAND, Va which is NORTH of Richmond or about 40 miles away from where we were. All of their trucks were out on call but they would be there in an hour and a half, hour 45 minutes at the latest. I started calling and speaking to GS Supervisors at the 2 hour point. I wanted them to re-assign the call but they were assured by the Travel America folks that their guy would be done and to me before an out of the area unit arrive. Long story short at the 3 1/2 hour point I changed the tire on my own and we still had not recieved the call from the driver saying he was in route. Hopefully my first experience with GSERS is not typical.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Bill & Lisa, sorry to hear about the tire problem you had. I’m glad that is all it was even though it was still a major inconvenience.

We arrived home without any incident or problem about 7:30 Sunday evening; except that when I started to pull out of the campground I heard this popping sound and looked in my mirror and I had ran over Bill & Lisa's garbage bag. OH well, glad that is all it was!

Great choice on Bingo & Cathy for next years Wagon Masters; looking forward to it already! It was a very nice time had by all as previously mentioned. It was great to be able to place actual people and faces together that we've met on this forum.

On Edit, how could I forget what a wonderful job that everyone did on putting this together! Thank You Very Much!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
Peg Jack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8568
We also arrived home safe & sound after spending a few extra days with our daughter & son-in-law. When we arrived at our campground where we keep our Montana we discovered that our car wouldn't start and was too tired to deal with it so we called AAA. Thank goodness they arrived and it was only the battery. So we unloaded and went home to our lovable lab mixes. We certainly loved rally and are marking our calendar for next year (thanks to Cathy & bingo). We would like to thank everyone who helped make our first rally a huge success. We look forward to many more.
Hugs, Peg & Jack
Peg Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves. Sorry to hear Bill and Lisa's episode with the separated tire. We are putting August, 2009 Week 1 as a rally to attend and give Bingo and Cathy a hand.Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:27 AM   #8
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Dennis & Judy,
Looks like Bingo & Cathy needs to start a INTERESTRED post already.
I'm saved your name and MOC#.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We made it home safe and sound also. Sorry I did not post sooner, but had a quick turn around as I had to be in Lynchburg, VA, on Thursday night. Just enough time to do laundry and repack for a conference at Liberty University. This was a great regional rally and we are looking forward to seeing some of you next week in Goshen. Yet another quick turn around for me as we are planning on leaving here on Friday morning or Saturday.

Thanks to all those who put long hours and hard work into making this rally happen. We are already looking forward to next year and want to thank Bingo & Cathy for taking on the responsibility of Wagon Masters. We know you will do a great job!!!

See you in Goshen or in WV next year!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #10
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Just got back from back to back to back trips (DC, then Detroit, then DC Again) so excuse the delay. The final accounting has been finished and $41.55 is being donated to the MOC from the 50/50 ($28) and funds remaining from the rally fee ($13.55) after all bills were settled.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote