Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
De-winterized and Ready for the Road

Just had a great weekend in our Montana. Sure had missed using it since ealy November when we stored it for the winter. Since this was our first time to de winterize it was a learning experience. Trying to remember all those things the dealer showed us when we had them winterize the unit in November was a real challenge. Was amazing how many answers popped into my head from the MOC when I was trying to figure things out. Pulled out the owner's manual which did little more than nudge my memory for a real answer I recalled reading on the forum. Even managed to find the by pass valve and remembered to NOT turn on the hot water heater until we had only fresh water in the lines and had filled the hot water heater with fresh water. Was amazing how the answers to most of our questions came to mind as a result of the forum. Can't thank the members enough. Many times I would say, "Honey, I remember reading on the forum..............". There were few RV's in the campground where we were staying and our site was quite secluded from any activities so we even managed to wash the outside and get all the black streaks off from the winter storage time. However still have the rubber roof to clean on another weekend. As we drove home a car even pulled up beside us and shouted out "that sure is a beautiful unit you have there"!" Kinda made all that clean up effort worth it and of course we totally agreed and told them we were very happy with our Montana. So we are all ready for another camping season and hoping to sell our home here in GA soon so we can spend more time in our wheel estate. Just called some friends in TN and they are anxious to go camping with us again. Yeah!!!! So glad winter is behind us...

Tom & Joyce Holroyd
Fayetteville, GA
2003 Montana 3295RK
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4x4
6.0 Diesel

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote