Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 AM   #1
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Things just went wrong....

Ok, Yesterday I go to finally get my 16k Superglide installed, the snow is melted in Maine. They have the truck in the bay and I am walking around the lot checking out some trailers. I look over and see 4 pins sticking through the bed of my new King Ranch. But then, I see tape measures come out and they are measuring the distances between the pins, not a good sight. They have drilled my recently Line-Xed bed and installed the wrong mounting brackets. I am thinking the 3685FL is going to have some major upgrades done...

scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Scrowba, I feel for you. A new truck is a wonderful feeling, and I can only presume a King Ranch all the more so, so to have a service department blow it like yours did is a crying shame. I too am having problems with the installation of my SuperGlide, but I believe it is more that the rails were not correct as opposed to service error, though they could have easily seen that there was a problem upon installation and attempted to fix it then instead of just sending it out.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:29 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Scrowba, I, too, feel your pain. I hope you will make sure they get it right and they fix the liner so it is not detectable.

I think I'm missing your point about the upgrades. I'm not seeing the connection with the hitch. Am I missing something or is that an additional topics -- and what upgrades are you planning, if you don't mind my asking?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Hey Steve,
Due to my inconvenience, the owner stated that he wanted to make the situation right. They plan on welding to holes back into my truck bed, getting it resprayed by Line-X and then installing the correct rails. I left my truck with them and they gave me a truck to drive while they repair mine. They have screwed up a few things so far, wrong slide toppers ordered and so on. My salesman and the owner stated that they want to make things right. So, I am thinking of some free upgrades to come my why. Maybe the second air condtioner, some required accessories since this is my first 5th wheel, upgraded toilet or maybe I'll get them all out of them. I have been very patient with this dealer, however, when they drill the wrong holes in my brand new truck, that put me over the top. What are some 5th Wheel accessories that you cant live without?
Thanks
Karl
Old 04-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Karl What city is dealer in? Just curious as I know we have two in the state. Mine came from Northern dealer with no problems on service. As a matter of fact they were great. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #6
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Hey Dan,
You hit it right on the head. I spoke with Danny Webb and he said he will come good on it. But to not verify that the correct rails are going to be installed and then drill into somebody's truck bed. That's a little different then giving me the "they sent the wrong part" routine. Are you back at your place in Farmingdale?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Karl. Your question about what accessories we can't live without would be a good separate topic and probably would be seen by many who may not see it in this thread.

To start, a kingpin stabilizer is nice. Electric rear stabilizers. Washer/Dryer. Well, I doubt he'll spring for the last two anyhow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #8
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Karl We are back after a 12,867 mile trip this winter. Campground is open but the Kennebec river has been our best customer so far. Most seasonals moved in and had to pull out due to the river wanting their sites. Have cancelled putting in the docks for the marina twice due to high water. Now schedualed for the 11th. Stop by and visit. For the first time all our sites are gone seasonal but we usually can squeeze in one more. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:51 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
don't feel bad, on my last install they drilled into the box of the truck, but not the frame...I made sure that was fixed.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote