Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #21
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wiseguy View Post
I had this happen to my 2018 Montana 3560rl 3 months ago. I could not get into a dealer. No one wants to handle the warranty work. I had it repaired at a big rig tractor trailer shop. I am still trying to get this claim paid. All I get is the run around. The 3 year structural warranty is worthless. Good Luck!
This is exactly why you need to find a GOOD dealer. They make all the difference when they fight for your interests. They unfortunately, are hard to find. Luckily for me, I have one, at least so far. My rig is in the shop waiting on warranty parts. The parts are the hold up, at least for me. Rig in shop for 4 weeks now and just waiting on parts, maybe another 3 weeks.

Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #22
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
I didn't see your weight listed anywhere? Do you know how much load you had onboard at the time of the failure? were all your tanks full? curious if you were below, at or over weight limit? I have seen many times on utility trailers this type of failure.
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #23
Marc Daigle
Established Member

M.O.C. #17214
Center Bolt

In the spring this year I changed tires, shear springs and greased suspension components. I had a sick feeling when I noticed that there was no center bolt in left rear spring stack. The "U" Bolts were loose. All others were tight.

Marc Daigle
2015 Montana 3610RL
2016 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax SRW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bolt.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	10007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Center Bolt.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	10008  
Marc Daigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #24
imolared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3820FK View Post
I didn't see your weight listed anywhere? Do you know how much load you had onboard at the time of the failure? were all your tanks full? curious if you were below, at or over weight limit? I have seen many times on utility trailers this type of failure.
Howdy,
We run about 13,500 pounds loaded. Water was just below 1/3, other tanks were empty.
There are some very unfriendly overpasses on I-5 between LA & SF.
imolared is offline   Reply With Quote