Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Frameless Window Pane Replacement

As luck has it, my lawn mower evidently threw a rock and now I have a broken window on the 2018 3721RL. These frameless windows seem to attach at the top and simply glue to the rubber seal.

Anyone have any luck with simply replacing the pane, versus the total window unit? Looks simply enough if you could find the replacement pane?

glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:25 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Glen-- We had a window break while returning from the Fall Rally several years ago. We took the unit to a glass repair shop and they measured the broken window including the curve of the corners and ordered the glass for replacement. Since it is tinted and tempered glass it took a couple of weeks to get but they called, we took the Monte back in and they installed it with no problems. I checked with my dealer and they told me they had to order the whole window and framework where the glass company ordered just the glass. Total cost was about $300 where it was nearly three time that from the dealer. Check your local glass repair shops and see if they will do this for you.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #3
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Glass Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Glen-- We had a window break while returning from the Fall Rally several years ago. We took the unit to a glass repair shop and they measured the broken window including the curve of the corners and ordered the glass for replacement. Since it is tinted and tempered glass it took a couple of weeks to get but they called, we took the Monte back in and they installed it with no problems. I checked with my dealer and they told me they had to order the whole window and framework where the glass company ordered just the glass. Total cost was about $300 where it was nearly three time that from the dealer. Check your local glass repair shops and see if they will do this for you.
Makes sense that you can replace the pane. Thanks for the response.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:47 AM   #4
glendodom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22698
Issue Resolved---
I contacted LCI the maker of the window units. They advised they needed my window LCI part number to assist me in getting the particular windowpane I needed and advised me to contact Keystone with my VIN for this to give me the LCI number in concern. After contacting Keystone twice, the representative was helpful in trying to assist me but ultimately advised that their system didn't have actual window part numbers documented for a particular VIN. Her answer was simply, I would have to buy a new total window or pull out the window to determine the LCI part number.

After going back to LCI, I ended up with a knowledgeable person who told me for them to ensure they got the right pane, they needed to know the LCI part number of the window and advised me to pull off the inside outer ring and get that part number and then they could ultimately relate that to the window unit. I pulled the ring and related the number and they ultimately crossed it over to the window unit and the particular pane I needed. The particular pane is now on order for $165. Lots cheaper than a total window unit replacement. I will have to wait about 10 days for delivery but for better than those $600-800 plus total window prices.