Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Roy & Georgia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27061
Winterizing my water lines

I’m trying to winterize my water lines on my 15 375FLF using the freeze guard westernizing system. Con cen says to connect a short hose to the anti-freeze hub and stick the other end in the anti-freeze. Turn on the water pump and open all the faucets and it will suck the anti-freeze into the lines. I’ve done this before and got it to work but not this time. What am I doing wrong?

Roy & Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:06 PM   #2
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
I just went through this also and in another thread I read that you have to raise your antifreeze jug above the inlet. Do this and it should work ok. Good luck!!
shredder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #3
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
If your winterizing port has a check valve put a hose washer with a screen in backward to keep the valve open and make it easier to suck the antifreeze
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedmichigan View Post
If your winterizing port has a check valve put a hose washer with a screen in backward to keep the valve open and make it easier to suck the antifreeze
Yes, that also.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
And also make sure you have a tight seal at the hose connection. The least air leak will prevent the antifreeze pickup. Some have had to use an additional rubber washer.

I always get mine started by first opening one of the low point drains to get flow started. Seems to be the point of least resistance.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
Roy & Georgia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27061
I already had the anti-freeze elevated. Going to try the check valve suggestion. I’ll let everyone know what I find out.
Old 10-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #7
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy & Georgia View Post
I already had the anti-freeze elevated. Going to try the check valve suggestion. I’ll let everyone know what I find out.
Just very frustrating when you pay what we do for these units and the water pump can't even suck in the anti-freeze in to a system that they designed!! JMO
Old 10-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #8
Roy & Georgia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27061
Talking It worked

IT WORKED! Y’all are great. I turned over the screen to defeat the check valve and double checked the hose tightness. I’m thinking the seal on the hose was the real issue but I went ahead and did both. Thanks to all.