Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
SJRJr

M.O.C. #26734
Slide moves, stops, wait for motor click, slide moves a little more, etc. HELP!

2020 MHC 385BR
My Living room slide will start to move, then stop, wait for a click from the slide motor (R25075) and it will move again a little. I had switched out the circuit breakers near the battery, so wasn't that.
All other slides work fine.
This started after i discovered the slide switch got stuck overnight.

Anyone have something similar, fixes? Does the motor have it own internal circuit? Any help is appreciated.

SJRJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Welcome to the forum! Seems like everyone needs to fix something on their new trailer. My guess is that you have a stripped gear box. If it was left on it will likely need to be replaced. I would check with your dealer as it may well be a warranty issue.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
MY wife has a bad habit of doing just this. I hear three clicks and I yell for her to stop. After all these years no issues so far. But I'm sure it will happen eventually. Still knocking on wood. I now when at home just to open the bedroom slide to find clothing she wants. It saves the clicking which will eventually fail in the gears. An ounce of prevention. Spare parts which I need to gather myself for repairs.
I have never been stuck at a CG but if the clicking keeps up and something snaps. Then it is an issue. Push it in manual and ratchet strap it in place so it does not come apart down the road.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Is this the hydraulic slides or the cable slides ??? If it is the hydraulic slides I suspect you are experiencing the common dreaded 50amp breaker syndrome. Simple fix is replace the dang thing with an 80amp breaker... If it is the cable slides then my guess is you have the common dreaded gearbox stripped syndrome.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote