Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Removing furniture

2014 Montana High Country 305 RL. Do you have this exact model and have you removed the sofa and theater seating to re-upholster or replace? I have read where people say the backs are removeable and that makes the seats and bases small enough to get out through the door. I would appreciate hearing from someone who has actually done this rather than hearsay. Thanks for your help.

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #2
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I have not removed the sofa but did remove the backs of the recliners and that was no problem. If i remember correctly you just pull up abruptly on the back of the recliner and they come off. You can look down low on the back of the recliner and you should be able to tell. I've heard some say they have had to remove the back window to remove there sofa but hopefully that won't be the case. I'm sure someone on here remembers more correctly than me and will chime in.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Haven't had experience with that model, but on two of our Monty's we just stood the sofe on it end, slid it across to the door and then put the back thru the door first (pointed away from the slide) and then turned it to let the rest out the door.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Do not have your model, but have replaced the theater seating and sofabed in our 2015. When I took the theater seating apart, I found it to be crap not worth sending to a upholster shop. I took my sawzall and chopped them up. However as indicated above, the backs did come off. With the sofa bed, weight was the issue, I simply unbolted into pieces I then carried out the front door. My new recliners had removable backs which made it easy. Sizing the new sofa bed both for the slide and the front door took some research and trips to a couple of furniture stores, but was able to find one where the arms come off and was able to get thru the door with a couple of buddies.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
We had our theater seats replaced under warranty.
Roll them forward until you can get to the backs. There is a flap. Flip it up and you will see a bar sticking down on each side. Pull them inward towards each other to release the back. Tilt the chair upward and pull the back off.
I have not done the sifa, but as others says, stand it on its end and go out the door.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Got ours out OK

2018 3731FL, different model but similar problem. We didn't like the theater seating and replaced it with two recliners. Removed the backs as described above and it came out easy.
We had two sofas but decided we didn't need both so pulled one out and put it in the basement family room for a spare bed. Stood it on end and it went right out the door. Now let me be clear, they are heavy and at my age I didn't move them. I hired a couple young men in our church to pull them and I tied up the sofa base so the bed wouldn't open up in the middle of the door.
DW and I were able to bring in the recliners by ourselves as the backs come off them also.
I expended the floor area where the one sofa was to accommodate one recliner. I will post pictures when the project is complete. Waiting for delivery of trim.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:11 PM   #7
Fisher

M.O.C. #26890
We have a 2019 3721 RL and just replaced the RV furniture with regular living room furniture. We had our RV repair shop remove the RV furniture and while I do not know exactly how they did it, I do know they did not have to remove a slide or back window. What I do know is that we were able to have the new furniture delivered through the door without taking the backs off. It was tight, but each piece was delivered without incident.
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #8
tomJerram
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21376
I took our L shaped sofa apart and it is a little tricky as I remember there are screws along the back and inside the pull out drawer under the small side of the L. I pulled the whole thing out into the room so I could get around it to look for screws.
tomJerram is offline   Reply With Quote