Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #21
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
We spent the summer in Alaska last year and in all but one case the Canadian Border guards were courteous and cooperative, however there was one coming back into Canada from Alaska that had a REAL problem with anyone carrying a legal firearm. A military wife was moving back to lower 48 and the shotgun was in her husbands name and the guard berated her constantly about why anyone would need a gun in Canada, “ no one shoots anyone here”. Of course this was just after there were 3 people shot by two young guys. As I handed him my paperwork and the signed paper of Canadian Border authorities to originally enter Canada, he said to just have a seat that it would be about 90 minutes. I thought I had misunderstood him and ask 90 minutes? His answer was “ Yeah when you bring a gun into my country you can just wait until I have time. Thankfully about 30 minutes later the supervisor came back and processed both my and the military wife’s paper in under 5 minutes for Both ! I wish I had written his name down. A real winner attitude.

Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #22
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I found it very easy to take a shotgun through Canada. The Canadian border agents tended to be much easier to work with than the US agents.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #23
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakelife View Post
2. How concerned are you about following local laws in relation to firearms?
3. Do you carry while traveling?

I have and my wife has a CCW permit. We follow all state and local law's while traveling in other state's. We do carry while we are on the road. If we go to California where CCW's from other state's are not recognized we carry the way to carry in California. No bullets in the weapon and bullets and weapon's separated. Also I have install a gun safe in the RV.

The only time I was ever asked about carrying a weapon is when we went to Canada. No weapon's allowed. We new this when we went there so we didn't take are weapon's with us.

It sound to me that you and your wife are very responsible people. You will have no problems with anything along your travel's

Charlie

PS>> In all the years I have carried, (45 year's) I had to pull my weapon just the other day keeping people from taking out the front of our car with baseball bat's
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:00 PM   #24
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Guns...what guns... no idea
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do not discuss firearms on forums.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #26
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We do not discuss firearms on forums.
Generally true. We have site rules about this and so topics need to be tightly centered on specific issues.

From the site rules: Discussions about politics, religion and weaponry will be closed or removed. General posting or discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions or posting about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do not discuss firearms on forums. We do not discuss firearms on any forum. IMO it is not a good idea to advertise that you have firearms on open forums and yes this Is a open forum as anyone can join they may lie to join but they can get in other forums are far worse. We do have a blog for our own use but we do not make it public. There nothing like letting everyone know who you are, Were you are, where you will be, what the make and model of your RV is and the plate number.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:15 PM   #28
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Like I said what firearms... when the boat sunk I lost everything !!!
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #29
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have many friends on both sides of the border who shoot benchrest. They regularly cross to attend matches with no trouble. The main thing is they cross to shoot in a match. That is the key if you cross with a rifle you must be going to a shooting match.
To keep any member here from running into trouble you cannot ship any thing that goes on a gun out of the US without a permit from the state department. That includes a screw for a firearm or even a scope mount. Being in the firearms business I know several people who have been caught. The first offense amounts to a slap on the wrist, usually a few hundred dollars. Products like reloading equipment is exempt, power, bullets and like products are not exempt.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote