Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
hoserwv
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7711
washer/dryer winterizing

Trying to winterize washer/dryer combo. Per instructions...it says select cold/hot water, turn washing machine on, until til you see antifreeze in tub. I don't see any pink stuff coming out. I disconnected hoses and have antifreeze at valves. Dealer suggested putting some old towels in machine that it might have a load sensor. No luck. Ive gotten all other lines in camper to load. Can I pour anti freeze in washer and select spin? Will this winterize pump in washer? thanks for any advise....

hoserwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have a Splendide combo. With everything set up to winterize, I set it to COLD and turn the selector to rinse, machine comes on, I hear the water pump start, and after 30-45 seconds I begin to see pink stuff in the bottom of the tub. I turn the knob to reset, let the machine stop, turn the knob to spin, and machine starts spin cycle and drains the tub. Then I turn the knob to reset again to stop it. Then I select HOT and repeat the above sequence. After it drains the second time I turn it off. That last drain leaves pink stuff in the trap.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
hoserwv
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7711
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
I have a Splendide combo. With everything set up to winterize, I set it to COLD and turn the selector to rinse, machine comes on, I hear the water pump start, and after 30-45 seconds I begin to see pink stuff in the bottom of the tub. I turn the knob to reset, let the machine stop, turn the knob to spin, and machine starts spin cycle and drains the tub. Then I turn the knob to reset again to stop it. Then I select HOT and repeat the above sequence. After it drains the second time I turn it off. That last drain leaves pink stuff in the trap.
I hear the water pump start, but never see pink stuff in tub
hoserwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
The fact that the pump starts indicates that water (antifreeze) is flowing. If it was not flowing, the pump would stop again. I do not see but a little antifreeze in the bottom of the tub, maybe half inch, when I stop it. Have no idea why you do not see any.

Pouring antifreeze in the tub would winterize the pump and trap if you run the machine on spin afterward as the pump would drain whatever liquid was in the tub.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote