Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #1
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Do your part and let the fun begin-Lake Siskiyou

Hi fellow campers,

I received a email from D and M On The Road alerting my self and others not to forget to turn in my "page for the rally book". Also it was mentioned not to forget to sign up for the breakfast sign up if interested.

I instantly rolled my eyes and thought "i don't have time for this< I will do it later".

Then in deep thought as I went to bed, it occurred to me that I am being selfish.

Here I have signed up to attend this rally. I have attended in the past and always have and always will have a great time.

Yet every year of this rally....these nice booklets are made to give to each participant. A cost that I do not take on, time that I do not spend, creativity that I do not use....yet I receive this book each year.

How can I roll my eyes when someone else is doing the work. Taking on the cost and using their personal time and receives nothing from me other then "thank you".

To Margee and Doug Hatton aka D and M On The Road.
I will do my simple part this weekend and send off my "page" also I will sign up this weekend for participation in the "breakfast".

And I want to thank you now for your commitment to make this Lake Siskiyou Don Moore Memorial Rally a pleasure.

I encourage all others to do the little that we are asked so the people who put in all of their time and work to make this a fun event can do as they have promised us.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Ha! I just saw this post by PartyCrashers.

For those of you who don't know, she is my sister (and I'm wondering why she is trying to butter me up??).

But it actually gets a good point across.

Rally organizers put in a ton of time organizing. If they are perfectionists and obsessive (like me) they put in an obscene amount of time doing little things that no one else even thinks about or will ever be aware of.

I design, print and bind at home the rally books that I make. Just to make a simple, bare-bones rally book for say 20 copies (with color) can run over $120 for paper, ink and binding materials, depending upon how many pages are in the book. I will research and write up articles to include in the book so it's informative of the area and hopefully an interesting keepsake of your time at the rally. I started back in August last year researching and writing an article that will be in the upcoming Lake Siskiyou rally book. The hours I put in on making a rally book are massive.

Those phone calls, emails, research, buying of supplies and taking on extra duties because no one else signed up to do them all are very time consuming and the rally organizer rarely gets to relax and go visit around the various campsites.

At the end of the rally, they are the one to make sure everything is back to the way it was at the beginning and are the responsible ones to pay if cleaning or repair is needed to be done by the campground.

By now you are wondering if organizing a rally is that time consuming and requires some outlay of cash, why in-the-sam-h*ll do you organize? I can only speak for myself, but I love doing it, I love bringing people together and seeing them have a good time. I have an idea that other rally organizers feel the same way.

So whatever rally you may signup for, be kind to your organizers and they just might keep on organizing for YOU:

Know that your rally organizer(s) started devoting time & energy on the rally months and even a year before you probably even decided if you were attending.

Try to not just meet a deadline but be well ahead of it. If you need help, contact your rally organizer.

If organizers are looking for help ahead of time, sign-up to help.

While at the rally, ask what you can help with.

It's hard to break into a group that has already formed friendships so take time to go out of your way and seek out new people and make them feel welcome.

I don't mean for this to be a rant, and if you take it that way, you can blame PartyCrashers, she started it.

Thank you for reading.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
D and M On The Road,

Margee it is true I am your sister....no such luck in making any changes in that

As far as buttering you up....nope that was not the plan ( but did it work?)

I posted my comments because too often I see the same thing happen over and over with rally's.

One to an estimate five people will put together a rally. An event to be enjoyed by many.
And yet ask for so little of help from others.

This rally all that is asked for is for each participate to send in information for a book to be designed and given out...yet free to all who wants to receive this book.
I looked at the sign up page and all the "red lettering", letting each family know what information is needed just baffles me. Mine name included.

I think we owe it to the ones who are spending the time to organize and do the work for us to at least summit the needed work or to let it be known we do not plan to summit that information (of course I can be wrong, I do not know if this takes place).

Enough said.....my time that will be spent is sending my information....until then.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
All in good time grasshopper, all in good time. The deadline to be included in the book is a month away.
Closed Thread