Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #21
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We paid $2,400.00 plus tax at the 2010 Fall Rally.

helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 AM   #22
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
For prices try calling Jarod Lippert at 574-312-6089.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #23
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We paid what Helmick paid. (Seems like we follow him wherever we go, but that is another topic!)

We have been to 2 National Rallys (like Helmick). We have noticed that those who attend seem to get discounts on different options available only at the Rally.

Yes,it is worth it!

Do I miss moving rig back & forth for leveling? NOPE!!!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #24
CBTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9267
We had the BigFoot system installed on our 3400RL in January just prior to starting a 6000 mile trip. We absolutely love the system. The cost of any of the systems is pretty high, but still much cheaper than a divorce lawyer. Joking aside, we love the reduction in aggravation of jockeying back and forth with various 2 by 10 boards and also the ability to more quickly hitch back up and get going. The system truly eliminates the aggravation of unhitching and leveling.We had the JT Strongarms on the trailer before adding the Bigfoot. The rear stabilizers are still in use, but the BF installation does not include reinstalling the JT's in front. With the experience of 6 weeks on the road we notice that the trailer is not as stable as it was when we had all four JT's installed.I've decided to reinstall the JT's in the front when we get back home with access to my tools.
CBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
rally attendees do, in many cases get a "rally special" price at the fall rally. All the vendors are right there, there are no shipping cost. The vendors will send a truck out and install many systems at the same time thereby saving some money and yes they will offer a reasonable discount in many cases. I think when we purchased the JT stablizers the group purchased 20 sets maybe more and did get a bulk discount.

The leveling system is high on our list of Fall rally modifications as was the IS system we had installed two rallies ago. Our main awning after 5 years is also wearing and we would like to have the electric awning to replace it
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 AM   #26
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
As of this morning I still have not had a response back from Kara of Lippert Level Up firm price quote installed.
Can't believe that a company would be that slow; business must be really booming in that area!! LOL.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #27
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
CBTraveler or anyone else with the time... Question from a nooob here... what are the JT Stabalizers and how do they "fit in" with a leveling system. THANKS for the education!

Cheers,

Robert and Kerri
troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #28
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
If you plan on buying the Level Up system, you won't need the JT stabilizers. If you have the JT system and get the Level Up you need to remove it with the exception of the rear JTs. The JT system helps to stabilize your rig while the Level Up not only automaticaly levels your rig but stabilizes it as well.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by UpinAK

CBTraveler or anyone else with the time... Question from a nooob here... what are the JT Stabalizers and how do they "fit in" with a leveling system. THANKS for the education!

Cheers,

Robert and Kerri
Robert and Kerri, I think this website might explain the JT's to you.
http://jtrv.com/our_products.html

We have the JT's and they do a "very good" job of removing movement but I don't think they're anywhere close to as good as the level up system. Nor do they assist in leveling. We have the JT's and still hve some movement. I think they remove maybe 90% of the side to side and fore-aft movement. But not the up and down movement. For that we installed scissor jacks, one on each side, near the wheels. That works great on up and down movement but does very little for the horizontal movement.

The JT's and scissor jacks are far less expensive than the level up system but, man, I'd love to have that system both for movement control and ease of leveling the rig. Maybe someday.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #30
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Rondo,
I have been in email contact with them and the info I posted was directly from them.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #31
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Pretty good jump in price from last year's Fall Rally price! Maybe they are trying to make up for the ones that come with the BIG SKY package now! LOL Are any on you Big Sky owners coming to the Central Plains Regional RallY? This has been an informational question from the hosts of the CPRR! Sneaky huh??!!?? We'd like to compare a new Big Sky package to one that came on the origianal Big Sky's!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote