Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
Randy636
Established Member

M.O.C. #10964
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

I did read the original post as two tow vehicles. I could not fathom pulling a Montana and a Horse trailer with one tow vehicle, unless it was an Tractor (HDT).

Don't forget Artillery Ridge RV Park in Gettysburg, PA. That is a horse park if there ever was one. Stables, corals and the best part is you get to ride the Gettysburg National Park on Horseback to see the battle fields first hand. What an experience that must be.

Good luck and happy trails.
We've been to Artillery Ridge! That place was awesome. It is for sure one place that we want to go back to. I hope in the fall when the leaves are turning. It was absolutely beautiful and some much history.

Randy636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #22
Randy636
Established Member

M.O.C. #10964
This site is awesome, I can't believe how friendly you guys are. There's a ton of good information that you've already given me. Thanks so much. Hopefully we see you down the road soon.
Randy636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #23
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We plan on doing much the same thing. Try googling "Horse hotels in (state)" You should find lists of overnight accomodations for you and your horses. Your coggins is only good for 6 months in Canada and make sure your health papers are current within 30 days. Some states (Kentucky is one) regularly stop horse trailers for papers checks. The fines are heavy for traveling without current health papers.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #24
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Randy636, It's been almost two years since the last post on this topic. Give us an update on your adventures traveling with your horses.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #25
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Hmmm, by now he probably has one of them big shiny silver live in horse trailers.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #26
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Steelpony, we already have the horse trailer with the living quarters, except ours is white instead of shiny silver. We've been full timing in it for almost two months while we await the delivery of our Big Sky. Still have about three weeks to go until the tentative delivery date. Don't know about Randy but there is no way that the horse trailer would out rank the Montana. I've named the horse trailer Motel 5-7/8 because it doesn't quite measure up to Motel 6. The good news is that when we finally get our rig, the extra room will make us think we've died and gone to heaven.

By the way, our clothes are in suitcases out where the horses are hauled because there is no room in the living quarters. Last night the outside temperature dipped to 38 degrees. We managed to keep the inside up to 68 with the furnace running full tilt all night long. The great news is that Bonnie and I have determined that we can survive full timing together because after two months in a space about 10 feet wide by 12 feet long we haven't killed each other.

For those of you curious about our four legged large family, they live with our daughter when we don't have to haul them somewhere.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Geez...I thought the dogs in the cab of the truck would be tough to deal with! A horse inside the cab, and putting his head out the window would be a bit too much I think! Ohhh...now I see you said a 'horse trailer'!

I know here in Montana there are a few that allow you to bring your horses and there are a lot of spots at fishing access points that have access for trailers, and horse trailers. I don't have horses but I was reading about it somewhere.

Have fun on your adventure!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #28
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Oh,,, then you don't got the one I seen down in San Antonio, It was a 2 horse slant with living quarters to die for. Course I would have to die and the wife could use the insurance money to pay for it, only cause I got good insurance lol lol. The price almost made me have a heart attack lol. This one had a large slide and was pretty darn long, don't remember the specs. I think it was somthing like $138K..... I don't know too many rodeo cowboys that could afford that one....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #29
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
I've seen a couple of what you are describing at the Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio. Some of them are pushing a million bucks. Too rich for my blood.