Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2008, 04:24 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Sitting in Pre-op

Nothing to do but sit here and wait until DW goes in for cartilage surgery on her knee. So I thought I'd shake the bushes and run a post.

Got up this morning, and of course DW could not eat or drink anything, so I ran a cup of "Flavia." She came walking out with her nose in the air saying, "Oh! That smells so good!"

Not to diminish the effect it was having on her, I blew across the top of the coffee cup in her direction. Expletive deleted.

As we were pulling out of the street I asked, "Do you mind if I stop at Starbucks?" Expletive deleted.

Just don't know what I can do to please her. You would think I would know something after 47 years.

Oh well! There's always the trip home and I can make it up to her and really stop at Starbucks.

Y'all have a nice day now 'ya hear!!!!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Wayne, please tell Earlene that we are thinking about her and praying for a speedy recovery.
Hope to see you in December or January this year in Houston....
Some of those tossed rolls sure sound good
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Hope the surgery is over and everything went well. You both are in our prayers. You have a nasty sense of humor Wayne, but then it served as a distraction. Kind of like, get your mind on something else. I am sure she could use that starbucks now...
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I venture to guess she was in the op room for about 45 minutes. She came out of the anesthesia very quickly. Guess she didn't want me to take advantage of her, huh?

Now in all honesty, I have been waiting on her hand and feet, as it should be. What goes around comes around and back in July of 07 I was in a very nasty MC accident and she had to wait on me hand and foot. Literally wipe my butt. So I guess I "owe" her, not that she would expect anything in return.

She is in good spirits and doing well. She had a large tear in the rear of her cartilage. Doctor said it was a strange place, but when I told him how she did it, he understood. While hiking in Maine, she stopped and twisted to see where Miya and I were. It popped then but thought nothing of it as it did not hurt. We continued on, and four days later is when it started paining. Only thoughts then on was to get home to her doctor after making a doctor visit in Lancaster, PA.

She hasn't kicked me yet, so I guess it's not all that healed, but I'll let you know when she's up to that event.

Yes, my humor is twisted, at times, and I love it!!!!

Thank you for the words and prayers. They always help.

Edited: p.s., Yep! She did get her Starbucks. And I'm such a nice guy I even carried what was left from the car to the house for her.

Oh! And I even went out to get her something to eat. Guess what she asked for - Taco Supreme from Taco Bell. (She never eats at Taco Bell). Well, she got what she asked for.

I'm such A nice DH!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Wayne-- Tell Earlene she will be just fine! I did the same thing back when I was carrying mail. I stepped out of the truck at a stop and pivoted to lock the truck and I heard it pop! Had a small amount of pain but nothing I couldn't live with. By the time I got back to the Post Office the knee was about twice it's normal size. Had surgery on it about two weeks later AFTER comp was approved. PO tried to fight it but when I asked them to show me how to dismount the truck and turn to lock the door "in a safe manor" which they said I did not do, they changed their minds and then tried to write me up for discipline. Again they lost and I had surgery and recovery time off all on workmans's comp! They just didn't learn! Anyway, tell Earlene to milk your "waiter concept" for all it's worth! You deserve to do a little extra for her!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Hug her for us, gald all is well. You think she will be up to being on the road some in later October for that road trip to Vegas? You guys take care. Jim and Joan
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
She is chompin' to get on the road. Monday is follow-up eval. and she want to be on the road Tue. Wed., or Thur. - I'm waiting on a towbar for the TOAD.

we'll just take about a 100 mile trip, or so I thought. Now might go to P'Cola - we'll see.

Jim, still looking at hooking up with y'all in Vegas and running around the country side visiting exotic places. I need to figure out how to absentee vote so the right woman gets in.[:O]