Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #1
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Water Filter -Softener –Regulator

Water Filter-Water Softener – Water Regulator

It looks like the ideal setup would be to have Water Filter-Water Softener – Water Regulator

These seem to be available only as a single component(s), sure would be nice to have a ALL IN ONE UNIT ???

Suggestions as to how to the pluming on these would go ??

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Regulator left on hose ALL the time

Others, added as needed.

Al has a lot of plumbing hookup things, including a number of "Y" things. I think he wings it depending on what we need, softener, filter, both???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Does the water softener save the anode in the water heater??
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

Does the water softener save the anode in the water heater??
VanMan,
I believe the minerals in the water is what affects the anode in the water heater. However, the anode is only about $10 to replace. I never worry about it. Once a year I check it (we are full time), about the same time that I replace my two water filters. I've only had one anode that was almost completely gone and that was before I knew anything about changing it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Water softener affect on Anode: Have no idea.

We don't full time, we long time, we use the water softener when we know we are going to be somewhere with hard water for more than a day or 2 or 3. Al will not pull it out for a day or so. We cannot use it at the State parks here in Michigan, cause we have to fill up before we go in and you cannot hook the softener up to the filler hose at the dump stations.

So, the long and short of it is, that we don't use JUST soft water, so any affect of one on the other will probably be negated by the partial use of the softener.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
We live in our 3650 full time. I hook mine up in this order. Filter, regulator, hose to water softener and short hose to city water hookup on trailer. That way there is no more than my set pressure of 45lbs. on anything of mine (hoses, water softener, etc.).
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote