Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Campsite discounts for disabled?

OK, I did my search and I cannot find any threads on this. I am now officially disabled (upper body only ~ not my head ) and I am aware of the Golden Access Pass for National Parks, but I have never heard of anything else. Any other camping discounts specifically designed for disabled campers? I don't really need any mobility considerations ~ my legs are fine. I know there are club discounts also (Passport, etc), but I can look those up myself.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
In addition to Golden Access for the permanently disabled, there are many states which also have similar passes. New York has a program which allows free access to state parks and reduced rates on some camping. A form must be filled out by your doctor stating that you meet the requirements (can't remember precisely what they were but as an amputee Bill qualified). The form is submitted to the state and an ID card returned to you. Good luck and let us know what else you discover!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Just checked with a Michigan State Park and they said they do not have any discount for disabled people! They, unlike some other states, do NOT honor the National Park's Golden Access Pass. Hard to believe! I guess the Gov feels she needs the money more than helping out in this area. The only discount the State Parks gives is a "Senior" discount for people 65 and over, and that is only a slight discount on their annual vehicle sticker to gain entrance. They get no break whatsoever on camping rate. I think that's pathetic!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
dsprik

I agree 100% on Michigan---they are pathetic. I have checked things out before and you have the correct information. I guess you can figure out what state we are from!!!!
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote