Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Labor day..summers over

I know that many of you live in a place of endless summer..Not here, Almost over night we are now seeing mid 70's days and 50's nights.Summer is on the way out.The most beautiful time of our year is coming up, fall, all the colors.one of the reasons we want to keep a home here. We will not be camping this weekend but we will be going down to the Cleveland airshow having worked 35+ years for the FAA and Helen still working there we are airplane people so we will still be doing something we love to do.We will be among familiar things and will see old friends again.We are fortunate to be involved with two really great groups of folks..aviation and RV'ing. That's our weekend..what's yours..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I am so glad that someone is getting a little cool weather, here in Nevada we are still getting in the 100rds in the day and only down in the 60's at night... For the week end it is stay at home and have a cook out and watch the news. As sad as it might be. All I can do is pray for all these poor people.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:05 AM   #3
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Rich
Have fun at the airshow! We are airplane people also. But on the consumer end of the flying business. I am a private pilot with just over 1000 hours. Own and fly a 68 Cardinal with 180hp constant speed prop, updated radio stack etc. I depend on the FAA types everytime I am in the air but rarley get to say thanks. SO THANKS.

And the weather here near Mount Shasta is turning toward fall temps. Had a couple days in the high 60's and nights in the low 40's so fall is just around the corner. Usually get our first frost by mid Sept and the gardens quit producing etc. We had a real HOT summer with temps in the 110 range for weeks right after the Lake Siskiyou rally. Unusual for it to stay that hot that long normally we get a few days and then a break but this one lasted forever. So I am ready for the Fall and Winter changes.

We are looking out the window at the RV but haven't made plans to travel this weekend. Diesel is up to $3.54 at some stations. And I thought 100LL (aviation fuel) was expensive at $4.15 per gal. If we decide to travel we will just figure its going to cost more and bite the bullet so fuel prices are a concern but not going to stop us from having some MOC (or PIC) fun.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:18 AM   #4
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Here in Central Oregon we are still having some beautiful sunny days - anywhere from 60's to 80's. Some nights have dipped into the 30's and we have already had a frost that put an end to the zucchini plants. We're at 4200+'. There will be plenty of good weather ahead though, and last year our first snow came later in November. This weekend we will be at home most of the time, have a cookout with friends and leave the campgrounds to others. Diesel fuel yesterday in our area was $3.07-$3.12.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
One thing about living in Az we are glad to see fall it cools off to were you can enjoy the camping near by instead of having to run to the mountains. Its still in the high nineties to the hundreds,so we still have a ways to go. Happy rving what ever the weather... Jack & Janet
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wagonmaster,
Oh how I would love to trade you right now. We are in the 70's and nights are getting into low 50's. Too cold for me, I keep trying to tell myself I need to move south. I am a tropical guy more than a snow/ice 15 degree type of guy.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
We spent the weekend on the SC side of Lake Russell and the temperatures went down each day, starting from the mid-90s on Friday to mid-80s today on the way home. As I was riding my bike yesterday and sitting under the awning this morning before packing up, there was a nice breeze blowing, almost a precursor the cooler weather of fall.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote