Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Monty is gone

Our 3650RK is gone, picking up our new Mobile Suites 36TK3 on Friday afternoon and will be moving into it on Saturday. We hope this new unit will be as trouble free as our last two Montanas were. Will still read the forum and let you know how it's going. Thanks for all the advice and ideas you have all given us. See Ya!

Charlie and Sue

Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Charlie and Sue,
Congratulations on the new rig. I hear they are great units. Travel safely and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you regarding the Mobile Suites.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on your new 5th wheel. It dosn't take long to sell a Montana does it?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations and good luck, Charlie and Sue. Do be sure to check back and let us know how it is going. The MS is a beautiful rig.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratulations on the new coach. Mobile Suites makes some very nice units. Enjoy and let us know about your further adventures.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
Montana_3028
Established Member

M.O.C. #3028
This is truely a sad and happy day...glad they have a new rig...but sad to see them leave the Monty Family.

Good luck!!!
Montana_3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Congrats on your new Mobile Suites. They are really nice units. I see by your profile that you have a really big truck, too. Is that what you need to pull a 36' MS? Someone told us that you could use a one ton dually. Is that what you heard?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:41 AM   #8
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
I know some people pull them with one ton duallies, in fact if you go to yahoo groups and then Mobile Suites you'll find the tow vehicles people are using. Our dry pin weight is about 2850 lbs.and dry weight at 13,700lbs.. This is before we added extra options. We will weigh it fully loaded with empty holding tanks after we have all our needs in it. The GVWR is rated at 16,500lbs. on 7,000 lb. axles and 18,000lbs. on 8,000lb. axles. There is a three axle option also if so desired. We ordered the Trailair Center Point Suspension and Trailair hitch too. I am anxious to see how this will smooth out the ride in our F-550, also disc brakes, never was happy with electric drum brakes. If you are pulling with a one ton I'm sure this option would help with the stopping ability of your rig. This remains to be seen, will let you know how it works. Thanks for your responses.

Charlie and Sue
Old 04-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, you can get a 2005 Ford one ton dually with Tow Boss option rated to tow 19,200 lbs. So, yes, you can get a one-ton to tow that weight. If I recall, you can get the 3/4 ton rated for 17,000 lbs. Our 3295's pinweight is 3120 so that probably wouldn't be a problem either.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
Iowafan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3419
We have a one ton Dodge dually that is rated for about 16,300. A dealer told us we could pull a Mobile Suites 36 footer but not the new 38' model. We're not seriously shopping, just curious. Judy, wife of Glen who never posts to the forum. We need to change that!
Iowafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #11
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Congratulations your Mobile Suites.I sure do lust after one of those nice rigs. But not in this lifetime..I'll just continue being happy with my Montana. Good luck with the new rig and visit here often with some stories about the rig and your travels..
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #12
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Charlie and Sue,
Nice truck even if it is a Ford. LOL. It was nice to meet you Wednesday when you were out walking. Best of luck with that new MS. Wish we had time to do a walk through with you but on the road Saturday AM for MD.
Best of luck and keep us Posted
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #13
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Hey Charlie and Sue, congratulations on the new Mobile Suites! I sincerely hope you folks do stay here with us on MOC. Partly because, and it is a small part, because your slide and hydraulic systems where designed and built by...........yup, you guessed it.

Everything you did with your Montanas you will still need to do with the Mobile Suites. However, with your new coach, you will be using a much more complexed system. Here are some tips.

I am guessing that each of the rooms in the Mobile Suites has it's own individual wall switch. If so, you will have a cluster of electric (12V) coil-valves. Each coil has a chassis ground. Make sure that these grounds always stay in good shape and snug. If things begin to act a little "quirky", It will usually be because of a bad ground somewhere in the circuit.

Next, you will notice a bunch of knurled thumb knobs. As long as the pump motor operates and you have good power, 12 volts or more, all of those knurled thumb knobs need to stay turned in
the counter-clickwise position only finger tight.

Lastly, read the warning label on the red distribution block on the extend port of the landing gear leg. If you turn the knurled knob on the coil of that valve clockwise and physically open the valve, the front of the coach may drop to the ground.

Otherwise, this is a good coach! I am sure you will have a lot of good adventures in it. If you have questions or a problem, you know where to call. I will be going this next week to Double Tree in Howe,IN to study and better familiarise myself with these systems. They are still fairly new and we are now beginning to get calls from around the country.

OH YA, for the rest of you die-hard Keystone people, the Cambridge has all of the same components.

Gotta' go for now. Headed over to the Challenger at Twin Mills Camping Resort in Howe this morning to get satilite tv installed and finish the deck.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:34 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Lastly, read the warning label on the red distribution block on the extend port of the landing gear leg. If you turn the knurled knob on the coil of that valve clockwise and physically open the valve, the front of the coach may drop to the ground.
Dale, is this a feature to release the landing gear for manual retraction in an emergency? I assume if it is then it's intended you are hitched up before using this procedure.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #15
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Mr. Reigle, you are absolutely correct! However, if you have to lift the front to get the tow vehicle under it, then it could be a little tricky. You may need to get the pump motor spinning with a hand-held drill and at the same time start turning the knob on the coil-valve in the clock-wise position.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #16
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
MIFI and Sreigle,
Thanks for the info, I'll check all this out and hope I don't have to mess with. Like they say, If it ain't broke, leave it alone!
It's a very nice unit, I can see where the extra money went. We did get the trailair package and disc brakes, handled beautifully. I'll still come back to MOC for the latest topics.
Take Care, Charlie and Sue