Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
HamRad (Dennis) and Mary Kay are Jewels!

I've just spent several delightful days with Dennis and Mary Kay Hill in Bakersfield, California, and I want to let you know what wonderful people they are. I'm a full-timer and had been trying to find a dealer somewhere in my travels to get my Montana in to have a lot of warranty work done. When I saw the Hills at Spring Escapade last month, they recommended their dealer, Stiers RV Center, in Bakersfield. They also offered for me to park in their front yard beside their Montana. When I discovered the dealer would need to have my Monty for 3 days, Dennis and Mary Kay offered me and my cats *their* Montana as our temporary home! What a treat! Jasmine and Jillaroo (my Siamese girls) felt right at home, since we used to have the same model (3295RK). They were very interested in sniffing all the doggy smells left behind by Stormy and Roscoe, and were so grateful not to be locked up in their cat tent, or – worse – put in 'jail' (pet boarding).

I can highly recommend the Hills' place if you happen to be passing through Bakersfield. You can have full hookups, satellite TV included, along with superb conversations and visits to some of the best restaurants in Bakersfield. And, if you are careful not to do anything illegal, you might even catch a WiFi hot spot. It might be a bit of a challenge to back in, but excellent spotter help is available. This could become a popular place after everyone reads this posting, so there might be a stay limit if you hang around too long.

Thanks a million, Dennis and Mary Kay!

Sharon and the Gypsy Cats

P.S. See another message regarding Stiers RV Center.

Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thank you Sharon.

It was our pleasure having Sharon, Jasmine and Jillaroo visit for a few days. Any MOCer is welcome to do the same. Just drop us a note here or via email. We even provided decent weather.... which is no easy task here in Bakersfield.

Dennis and Mary Kay and the Boys
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sharon, we have also had the pleasure of visiting with Dennis and Mary Kay at their home in Bakersfield as well as at the rally and by email. We agree with you they are truly nice people. We consider them good friends.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Gosh Sharon..... the Hill Campground sounds fabulous! What are the rates and is there a restaurant on the premises that delivers?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:50 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
It is always so nice to see the cultivation of friendships that have formed here on the MOC. We had the pleasure of meeting Dennis & Mary Kay at the Rally in Breman last fall, and yes they are truly great giving people. Thanks for the invite HamRad. We will let you know when we are going to be arriving in your area. LOL
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:52 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Sounds to me like HamRad should be the one to set up "Helping Hands" for our MOC group. He has already put it into action! I think we are going to get a new category on the forum to start it, at least that was my understanding. Maybe we can discuss it in May at our Mt. Shasta gathering and get it started with those who want to participate.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We were really excited about the Mt. Shasta rally and now we are even more excited to meet Dennis and Mary Kay. We go through Bakersfield every time we go between our stick house in the south (of California) and our Monty in the north.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 AM   #8
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
"Nice Folks"!

We'll vote for that.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:49 AM   #9
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Doug & Margee - The restaurant on the premises was open for dinner one night, offering great ribs and accompaniments. No room service, or at least I didn't experience it, but the RV parking price ($0) is hard to beat!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
One more thing about this special RV parking spot - there's a 40 ft. pool and spa in the back yard! Mary Kay might even offer swimming lessons! Watch out, though. If it becomes too popular, the price for parking might go up...you might have to clean the pool or mow the lawn.