Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
MH+TT !!!

Traveling down I59 this a.m. and saw a 40' motorhome towing a 30' traveltrailer. This thing was loooong. I've seen MH's towing toads, boats etc. but never a TT. Anybody ever saw such?

palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
PBD,

We met a couple a few years ago, who delivered new Rigs from the factory. They owned a 1 Ton which they drove to the Factory, She drove it back with a 5er. hitched and He drove a MH pulling a TT. They were paid for delivering 3 Rigs at a time.

They worked at their own pace, maybe 4-6 mos. a year and really enjoyed it.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:29 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not a TT but I have seen MH's towing cargo trailers nearly as long as the MH. The ultimate was last winter in Daytona. This rig had an enclosed trailer with 2 cars stacked in the rear of the trailer and 2 Harleys up front with a small work area in the nose of the trailer. The rear door and the side doors of the trailer lowered to form 2 ramps. The MH was a big Freightliner and the trailer was darn near as long. The trailer also had paint and trim to match the MH. Some really BIG $$$$$$$
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We saw a MH towing a travel trailer a month or so ago but I don't think either was quite that long. I figured the TT was for the kids or grandkids so the old folks could get some peace and quiet at night.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
paparonsr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #168
Glenn and Lorraine:
We were at Topsail in Florida 2 weeks ago and I think we saw the rig you are talking about--at least is sounds identical---what a rig it was, beautiful, but sure would not want to drive it around in the city. They had 2 cars and Harley's also.
paparonsr is offline   Reply With Quote